West TN update

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, Itchy Coyote, duckbumm, duck slayR

West TN update

Postby TNhunter611 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:17 pm

Im from West TN and im in the military and not home now, but i was just wondering how everyone is doing back home. I here there isnt much water anywhere right now, and that Crocket Bottoms is where the birds are. Id like to see some pics from this year or updates please.
2013-2014 season
10 BWT
4 GWT
8 Widgeon
4 Shovelers
4 Pintails
2 Gadwall
1 Ringed neck
TNhunter611
hunter

Re: West TN update

Postby DNORT127 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:01 pm

Well first and foremost, I thank you for your service and everything you do for this country.

Although i dont hunt in Tennessee that much i do know that most every body is fighting the water issue i believe. That combined with the high temps we have had so far this season has kinda got this season rolling slow. Birds are finding water and food and not moving from it. Got a buddy that hunts in perry county that has killed a few birds but other than that i havnt heard that much about any ducks killed in Tennessee.
LeakyBoot wrote:Over the last 40 years I spent most of my money on Waterfowling, Women and Whiskey.
The rest of my money I just wasted.

Loco Duck Club
DNORT127
hunter

Postby CootCutter » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Hey man check out tnduck forums.....you'll find some pic threads.....I'm from Memphis and water is hard to find
CootCutter
hunter

Postby Timbeau2 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:49 pm

Thanks for your services!!
I hunt the riverside/black bottom area. Early season was extremely slow, but has picked up. It's been lots of days of around 3 and then a few with 7 or 8. Had a pretty good day at Gooch this morning. Also, after the rain last week, pretty much everywhere has plenty of water now.
Timbeau2
Newb

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting