Chevy Sightings......

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Chevy Sightings......

Postby Slack Tide » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:50 pm

I'm on my second F series and I am starting to think about a new rig.
I gotta say...everywhere I look I am seeing Chevy's and good looking ones at that.
Silverados mostly..
You guys noticing that?
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
User avatar
Slack Tide
hunter
 
Posts: 5294
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:06 pm
Location: On the northeast corner of the southwest side


Re: Chevy Sightings......

Postby 2500hdon37s » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:05 pm

I thought this was going to have more 2014 silverado pics in it! seeing Chevy's is normal for me, there was 5 in my driveway last night! :biggrin: but yes I have noticed that there seem to be a few more silverados popping up around town, most made the switch here 2-3 years ago. also GM did have the highest # of autos sold in the world in 2011
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
User avatar
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3230
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: sittin high in the Missouri skies!

Chevy Sightings......

Postby whisperin' duck » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:14 pm

I can't do it. I can't approve if a freaking government funded piece of crap. In my neck of the woods I see more n more fords and less n less gms. No gms in my driveway or my parents. Come to think of it. We haven't been fixing many gms either.
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
User avatar
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7158
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 2:11 pm
Location: North East Arkansas

Re: Re: Chevy Sightings......

Postby Eric Haynes » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:37 pm

whisperin' duck wrote:I can't do it. I can't approve if a freaking government funded piece of crap. In my neck of the woods I see more n more fords and less n less gms. No gms in my driveway or my parents. Come to think of it. We haven't been fixing many gms either.

I own a GMC Sierra, Dodge Ram 2500 diesel, and a ford explorer. I'd put the dodge at the top, ford in the middle, and GM at the bottom.

I think the bottom line is GM just makes very cheaply made vehicles. A lot of plastic. More of a highway cruiser to me than a workhorse.
Image
User avatar
Eric Haynes
hunter
 
Posts: 1155
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: St. Lawrence River, NY

Re: Chevy Sightings......

Postby Sprig-Speck Hunter » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:41 am

Gotta love a cummins motor!As far as gasoline goes, a good family friend of mine has a 95 Z71 ext cab 350ci silverado with 576,000 miles original everything. Just changed oil and filled it with gas...We run all Chevrolets, all gas motors. It usually comes down to electric with Chevys because their trans and motors are dependable. I grew up in a GM family so I know no different. But I will say that we have had good luck with Chevrolets small block v8's...
User avatar
Sprig-Speck Hunter
hunter
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Reno, NV

Re: Chevy Sightings......

Postby Slack Tide » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:03 am

I will say that they Silverado was a lot more expensive than I expected. Probably because I perceive it to be a step down from Ford that I thought it would be a better deal.
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
User avatar
Slack Tide
hunter
 
Posts: 5294
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:06 pm
Location: On the northeast corner of the southwest side

Re: Chevy Sightings......

Postby 2500hdon37s » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:04 pm

whisperin' duck wrote:I can't do it. I can't approve if a freaking government funded piece of crap. In my neck of the woods I see more n more fords and less n less gms. No gms in my driveway or my parents. Come to think of it. We haven't been fixing many gms either.

they've paid the gov back, and ford took money from the gov too.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
User avatar
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3230
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: sittin high in the Missouri skies!

Re: Chevy Sightings......

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:13 pm

Just comes down to GM producing really cheaply made trucks since 1999-2000. Older ones are still kicking and new ones are falling apart and getting traded in for new junk. I own all three, GMC, Dodge, and Ford. GMC will be the first to go.
Image
User avatar
Eric Haynes
hunter
 
Posts: 1155
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: St. Lawrence River, NY

Re: Chevy Sightings......

Postby Sprig-Speck Hunter » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:16 am

Eric Haynes wrote:Just comes down to GM producing really cheaply made trucks since 1999-2000. Older ones are still kicking and new ones are falling apart and getting traded in for new junk. I own all three, GMC, Dodge, and Ford. GMC will be the first to go.


Our business uses gm only trucks. Just changing the oil and filling our trucks with gas, each truck goes to 200,000 miles. Our only problems have been fuel pumps when our installers let run the truck on empty repeatedly and the gauges usually have issues. Mechanically, the trucks are tanks. We have had over 250 trucks and the 03-07 trucks we use now are just as dependable as our 60's and 70's, 80's and 90's pickups. You must have gotten a lemon or bought from someone that didn't know what changing oil means. You couldn't pay me to drive a hemi or triton v8 motor :hi: . But that cummins motor is a different story :biggrin: If only they didnt feel like your riding on a damn rollercoaster..
User avatar
Sprig-Speck Hunter
hunter
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Reno, NV

Re: Chevy Sightings......

Postby Eric Haynes » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:14 pm

Sprig-Speck Hunter wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:Just comes down to GM producing really cheaply made trucks since 1999-2000. Older ones are still kicking and new ones are falling apart and getting traded in for new junk. I own all three, GMC, Dodge, and Ford. GMC will be the first to go.


Our business uses gm only trucks. Just changing the oil and filling our trucks with gas, each truck goes to 200,000 miles. Our only problems have been fuel pumps when our installers let run the truck on empty repeatedly and the gauges usually have issues. Mechanically, the trucks are tanks. We have had over 250 trucks and the 03-07 trucks we use now are just as dependable as our 60's and 70's, 80's and 90's pickups. You must have gotten a lemon or bought from someone that didn't know what changing oil means. You couldn't pay me to drive a hemi or triton v8 motor :hi: . But that cummins motor is a different story :biggrin: If only they didnt feel like your riding on a damn rollercoaster..


Let me know in 2047 how that 2007 is doing. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

I actually got the Sierra from an overhead door company. Was an installers truck and he gave me all of the maint. paperwork. Oil was changed every 2500 miles along with other typical maint. Don't get me wrong, the thing is still going strong and I've got my moneys worth, but the body is on it's way out. It is a 98 with 278k on it. Can't complain. The majority of the newer ones I've seen are full of problems though. 4wd going back, brake problems, plastic handles breaking, tailgate mechanics rusting out withing 3 years, joints, shocks...list goes on. NNY is rough on vehicles.
Image
User avatar
Eric Haynes
hunter
 
Posts: 1155
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: St. Lawrence River, NY

Re: Chevy Sightings......

Postby gearhead80 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:05 pm

They are all junk.. Some are just nicer junk than others.. They all have issues and will all need fixed at some point. These are all worhtless arguements. One guy has had issues with this one, this guy has issues with the other one and yada yada yada. They are all mechanical devices destin to fail at some point.. They all keep a lot of peole employed..
If I ask a question, I don't want your opinion. I want facts.
Don't tell me something you think, tell me something you know.
It's easier to say I don't know, than make something up.
Although, being a forum the next guy will know more no matter what.
gearhead80
hunter
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:58 am
Location: ogle county

Re: Chevy Sightings......

Postby waterfowlhunter » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:53 am

My 2001 is still rust free and I still have it along with a 2011 and my father just purchased a 2013. all silverados and all expected to live a long live. We had to put the 77 out to pasture as it hit just over 450,000 and gave up the ghost, This turck never had an engine or trans rebuild (350 / thm400) and was a farm truck its whole life. the 94 with 270,000 on its second trans finally lost the cab mounts and became unsafe to drive last month so it was sold for parts hence the new 2013. I have had complaints about Chevrolet especially my 01 that had some bad sensors but other than that easy fix I love my silverados.

My cousin decided to buy a dodge 1500, JUNK, he hated that POS until he offloaded it. The first issue he had was trans shifting issues, after 4 trips to the dealer Dodge decided it was caused be "electrical interference" possibly from a cell tower he had to drive near and added a bunch of tin foil to help. then the stearing components failed continously and caused this "death wobble" as he called it. The last issue was the the front right brake would sometimes lock up when slowing down. They changed out valves, calipers, Lines, ABS units and it would be good for a few weeks and do it again. at 98,000 reverse failed and he finally decided to stop pouring cash into it. He now has a new suburban :beer:

I still think Dodge has the best looking trucks IMO
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
User avatar
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 3757
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:53 am
Location: Linden, MI

Re: Chevy Sightings......

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:40 am

gearhead80 wrote:They are all junk.. Some are just nicer junk than others.. They all have issues and will all need fixed at some point. These are all worhtless arguements. One guy has had issues with this one, this guy has issues with the other one and yada yada yada. They are all mechanical devices destin to fail at some point.. They all keep a lot of peole employed..


True as that may be, the discussion then turns to the best deal, warranty, mileage etc...Also what you intend to use it for. If you need a duely to drag your horses up the hill or tow big boats etc...then that's a lot different than someone who wants a comfy ride and a 6' bed for an occasional run to Home Depot...or the Dodge guys who treat the bed like it's the cab and only want a nice windows to put their skull stickers and MONSTER energy drink logo. :no:
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
User avatar
Slack Tide
hunter
 
Posts: 5294
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:06 pm
Location: On the northeast corner of the southwest side

Re: Chevy Sightings......

Postby waterfowlhunter » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:35 am

Slack Tide wrote:Dodge guys who treat the bed like it's the cab and only want a nice windows to put their skull stickers and MONSTER energy drink logo. :no:


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
User avatar
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 3757
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:53 am
Location: Linden, MI

Re: Chevy Sightings......

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:44 am

Slack Tide wrote:
gearhead80 wrote:They are all junk.. Some are just nicer junk than others.. They all have issues and will all need fixed at some point. These are all worhtless arguements. One guy has had issues with this one, this guy has issues with the other one and yada yada yada. They are all mechanical devices destin to fail at some point.. They all keep a lot of peole employed..


True as that may be, the discussion then turns to the best deal, warranty, mileage etc...Also what you intend to use it for. If you need a duely to drag your horses up the hill or tow big boats etc...then that's a lot different than someone who wants a comfy ride and a 6' bed for an occasional run to Home Depot...or the Dodge guys who treat the bed like it's the cab and only want a nice windows to put their skull stickers and MONSTER energy drink logo. :no:

Low blow! If you saw my Dodge you would question me on why it looks like it went through a war.

Sent from my H866C using Tapatalk 2
Image
User avatar
Eric Haynes
hunter
 
Posts: 1155
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: St. Lawrence River, NY

Re: Chevy Sightings......

Postby waterfowlhunter » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:14 pm

my son told me about a new option on the fords... Heated tailgates so your hands stay warm while your pushing it home... Yea I know :umm: but I got a laugh out of it anyway. :biggrin:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
User avatar
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 3757
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:53 am
Location: Linden, MI

Re: Chevy Sightings......

Postby pangborn83 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:59 pm

I know a lot of guys with both, Chevy guys always claim theirs are the superior product. I can tell you two guys I know have had a lot of fords and then switched from their 250s to 2500s within a year of each other. They will tell the die hard Chevy guys their true opinions and that is that their 2500s are gentlemans trucks not the work horses they had hoped for and will be going back to ford on their next purchase. They both said their main reasons for the switch was price (gm dealers would deal better) and that the gms rode great. Take it for what you paid for it.
pangborn83
hunter
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:51 pm

Re: Chevy Sightings......

Postby WIDrakeKiller » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:43 pm

No probs with my F-150. Wanna/Need to get a Diesel truck when Im older for hauling cattle. Either gonna be a Power Stroke or Dura Max. I hate those stupid logos that wanna be hicks put on their trucks. Most of the time its just because they think it looks cools when all it really says is that you aren country.
WIDrakeKiller
hunter
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Chevy Sightings......

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:34 am

I just drove around CT the other day and I swear....75% of new pickups I saw were Chevy's. mostly Siverados
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
User avatar
Slack Tide
hunter
 
Posts: 5294
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:06 pm
Location: On the northeast corner of the southwest side

Re: Chevy Sightings......

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:54 pm

GM if I'm not mistaken was #1 auto seller in the world in 2011 and 2012, and their 2013 1st quarter sales are up from 2012.......
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
User avatar
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3230
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: sittin high in the Missouri skies!


Return to Vehicle forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests