Real duck huntin weather, at last!

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Real duck huntin weather, at last!

Postby MattMontana » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:32 pm

If we can trust the weather man, looks lke some real duck huntin weather this weekend. Highs below 30, and the lows at or near zero, with some snow and wind. At least in this part of Montana. (Bozeman) That should get em moving. I will be out there Sunday for sure, and maybe Saturday too, depending on the Bobcat victory party Friday night. (I'm an optimist) Good luck guys, and be safe.
MattMontana
hunter

Re: Real duck huntin weather, at last!

Postby pmahler » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:22 am

If I don't find birds to blast his wknd I will be very displeased. Thankfully this cold will put a stop to this BS nocturnal feeding & flying. Yeeeehaw!
pmahler
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:50 pm

I was watching a multi thousand mallard cloud hammering a wheat field on the Canada border midmorn today. made me wish I had duck gear instead of coyote gear....until the next yotie came running in 5 min later. :biggrin:
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby TopWop » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:57 pm

What do you do with your Coyotes?
Do you breast them out or pick/pluck 'em?
TopWop
hunter

Postby huntfishnv » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:42 pm

phutch30 wrote:I was watching a multi thousand mallard cloud hammering a wheat field on the Canada border midmorn today. made me wish I had duck gear instead of coyote gear....until the next yotie came running in 5 min later. :biggrin:

Waterfowl limits would have been way better! Hopefully that's a sign of things to come.
Nick Roehl wrote:Everything I say is so damn good you need to quote it for your signiture.

Un-expect the expected
huntfishnv
hunter

Postby Bulldog0156 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:40 pm

Sitting at somewhere between 6-8" at the house since last night and it's still coming down hard!
Bulldog0156
hunter

Postby pmahler » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:59 pm

Booya!

21 green in 2 hours in da field...dumb birds dive-bombing in group after group running traffic! Awesome NW wind & snow most of the day, really fun hunt w/friends
pmahler
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting