Keyport Municipal Ramp

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Keyport Municipal Ramp

Postby ithaca10 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:24 pm

Have a friend that lives in Oxford about 1 1/2 drive to Keyport. Does anyone know if you can launch there for duck hunting. He said he called the PD and they said the ramp was closed. They normally block it off for the bigger boats but not for duck hunters.

I think when he talked to the PD he didn't mention it was just a 16-17 ft boat for duck hunting.

I've launched there in the past many times also have a ramp permit but haven't been down this year.
Any help appreciated.
Proud Father of a United States Marine
ithaca10
hunter

Re: Keyport Municipal Ramp

Postby ShooterNJ » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:52 am

Mike, my friend and i tried to put his sea ray in about a week and half ago.. The Ramp is always closed in the winter, refering to the lady who sits in the shack and takes your money.. The ramp was ok, but a lot of sand washed up.. It was about two feet deep for the first fifteen yards, could not push a new sea ray off in two feet of water.. If I were duck hunting you can walk the boat out a little with wader's and have at it. I also forget where in the tide we tried to put in..

Like i said tho if i was duckin... Shouldn't be a problem just a little shallow at first..
ShooterNJ
hunter

Postby ithaca10 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:43 pm

ShooterNJ wrote:Mike, my friend and i tried to put his sea ray in about a week and half ago.. The Ramp is always closed in the winter, refering to the lady who sits in the shack and takes your money.. The ramp was ok, but a lot of sand washed up.. It was about two feet deep for the first fifteen yards, could not push a new sea ray off in two feet of water.. If I were duck hunting you can walk the boat out a little with wader's and have at it. I also forget where in the tide we tried to put in..

Like i said tho if i was duckin... Shouldn't be a problem just a little shallow at first..

Thanks ShooterNJ i'll pass that info on to him.
ithaca10
hunter

Postby Deuce N Ducks » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:00 pm

as of this friday their was caution tape and cones at the ramp....
Deuce N Ducks
hunter

Postby ithaca10 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:56 am

Deuce N Ducks wrote:as of this friday their was caution tape and cones at the ramp....

Thanks Deuce
ithaca10
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting