Waterfowl boat question

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Waterfowl boat question

Postby Naterdashotgunner » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:23 pm

I live in central Kentucky, and was just wondering if you all think it is worth it to have a boat? I am willing to travel to the surrounding lakes/rivers and scout/hunt, plus maybe a few times a year take a trip out to Western KY/Southern IL. As of now we mostly just hunt farm ponds and corn fields with some success but was thinking a boat might open up some other options. Also what kind of boat would you all suggest getting for these areas?

Thanks,
Nate
Naterdashotgunner
hunter

Re: Waterfowl boat question

Postby duckbuster06 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:19 pm

1744 Uncle J with a 36 horse Pro Drive or a 35 horse Gator Tail Reverse.
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby teddysberna » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:31 am

1654 with an 18hp and a blind here... And I live in Lexington. Opens up a lot more options, especially if it ever gets cold enough to freeze up the farm ponds
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Postby DIYduckslayer » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:39 am

1860 Grizzly w/ Beavertail Blind ... works great for 3 hunters, but you have to hunt the larger rivers because of it's size. If I were doing it all over, I'd buy a very low profile jon boat, put a small, quiet 15hp 4-stroke engine on it, and a very low profile blind. You could only hunt two, but how many "best" hunting buddies do you really need to take ? The rivers are amazing when the farm ponds are frozen - especially over near LBL ....
DIYduckslayer
hunter

Postby kyoutdooraddict » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:37 pm

1750 Procraft Bass Boat Duck Blind! haha
blind 003.jpg
Take nothing but pictures... leave nothing but footprints... kill nothing but ducks, deer, turkeys, rabbits, quail, doves, carp, gar, coyotes, hogs...
kyoutdooraddict
hunter

Postby kyoutdooraddict » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:41 pm

blind 005.jpg
Take nothing but pictures... leave nothing but footprints... kill nothing but ducks, deer, turkeys, rabbits, quail, doves, carp, gar, coyotes, hogs...
kyoutdooraddict
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting