Any ducks around Bowman??

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Any ducks around Bowman??

Postby gvegas88 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:18 pm

I'll be stayin in Bowman for the second week in october and drivin 30 minuts everyday to go pheasant hunting, just wondering if yall get wrapped up in ducks around october??
gvegas88
hunter

Postby NDH2OFOWLER » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:23 am

The second week of October can be pretty slow for duck hunting. By that time most of the locals have been pushed out and we have to wait for the birds to come down from canada. North Dakota is also going through a pretty bad drought right now. I have never hunted that part of the state before and I'm not sure on whats all out there. My best advice is that if you find ducks that are roosting on a body of water watch which field the ducks are using to feed in. Do not hunt the water that the birds are using for resting. By doing so you will push the birds out of the area and you wont get another crack at them. By hunting the fields the ducks are using you will get multiple chances to hunt the same birds. Hunt pheasents in the morning and field hunt ducks in the evening and you will have the best of both worlds many times over. Good luck!
NDH2OFOWLER
hunter

Postby gvegas88 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:51 pm

Ahh, I apreciate the info. I had forgotten about the drought yall were having. The other guy i'm goin with is worried there won't be any pheasant because of the lack of water. oh well, theres nothin we can do about it.
gvegas88
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting