Duck Hunting Forum banner

Looking for best jacket to go over layering

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  blackrhino 
#1 ·
I have a drake lst 3 n 1 plus 1 coat. All together its to bulky. I am looking for a jacket to go over my layering and not add much. I was at bass pro and picked up an under armour zip up hoodie that was fairly thin but weight quite a bit. Dont remember the model but it was $169. Not for waterfowl and not waterproof, but the weight was great. Does anybody know a waterproof thin coat thats weighty.

#4 ·
The only waxed cotton I wear is an uninsulated (aside from its flannel lining) barn coat that reminds me of the grandfather who wore one like it. It blocks the wind pretty well and is water resistant, but it's also heavy and stiff compared to modern shells with so-called "breathable and waterproof" membranes that are roughly the same in terms of blocking wind and turning water.

#5 ·
Basspro sells a "shooters" waterfowl jacket that is wind proof water proof and it is very thin and light because it has the Arctic sheild lining, it has all the pocket like a 3 n1 wader jacket except it fits inside you waders real good. I only wear it if it gets into the 20's and below. I recomend lambswool for your first layering shirt and then another thicker lambswool shirt then your windproof breathabel jackets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.