Sneak/Layout Boat FS w/trailer and motor

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Sneak/Layout Boat FS w/trailer and motor

Postby bugler05 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:20 pm

SOLD
Just posted this up on craigslist.

http://bozeman.craigslist.org/boa/3473934796.html

Its an awesome boat but after moving to a new place I can't store both the duck boats in the garage. Snow is flying and the jet boat has priority. Shoot me an email or call the number that is listed on the craigslist ad if anyone is interested. I rarely check my pm's. Thanks, and hope everyones season is going well
Last edited by bugler05 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
bugler05
hunter

Re: Sneak/Layout Boat FS w/trailer and motor

Postby bugler05 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:56 am

Lower price, $1100
bugler05
hunter

Postby Yaaker » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:51 pm

If only I wasn't a poor college kid...
Yaaker
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:16 pm

yea thats a nice boat. Motor alone is worth close to 1/2 the price
Last edited by phutch30 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby Bulldog0156 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:55 am

Does the dog come with it?
Bulldog0156
hunter

Postby bugler05 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:52 am

I might send the dog with it! He would be happier going with the boat because that thing was on the water more this year than the jet has. I understand the college fund situation, just graduated on Saturday and had to do some major saving to buy and hold onto this thing. Still debating on parting with it because it was so much fun, but the jet is more versatile and hasn't had much love since I bought this. She is starting to get a little jealous and gave me a hard time on the water last week. It really is a great deal at $1100, trailer and motor are worth almost more alone, and the build job on the boat is phenomenal.
bugler05
hunter

Postby Yaaker » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:24 pm

Fall commencement at MSU I am assuming? I am in Bozeman too and had a friend graduate this weekend. Congrats btw! if you're ever looking for a hunting buddy, let me know (shameless plug) haha
Yaaker
hunter

Postby huntfishnv » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:07 pm

Cool boat, could you use it in any wind or would water flow in and how big of an anchor do you use? I'm wondering because I have never hunted in a boat like or knew anyone who had a similar boat.
Nick Roehl wrote:Everything I say is so damn good you need to quote it for your signiture.

Un-expect the expected
huntfishnv
hunter

Postby bugler05 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:54 pm

When I did go full layout in the middle of Ennis lake it was pretty flipping windy. I would imagine the waves were about 1.5 ft + and I was getting wet just from the spray of the water but waves never came into the cockpit. I put 12 lb river anchor off the front and an 8 lb round anchor off the back to keep me straight, kept the nose in the wind and was good to go. I would not have tried to hunt this way if I was in a bigger body of water that was deeper than I could touch. This boat works much better if you find a low cover bank or cattail area to blend in with. It was lights out at Freezeout, and when the birds were on Ennis it was great to get away from the blinds and hide on some points that usually don't get hunted. It sits low on the water and is easy to hide. I was nervous to go full throttle in big side waves, but learned quickly it is no issue. Definitely not a regular boat to see in MT, but those who own them can vouch for how effective they are.
bugler05
hunter

Postby bugler05 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:01 pm

Lower price, $1000
bugler05
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:48 pm

Man! if you had posted this in the fall or spring rather than christmas, it would already be in my yard. Im broke now though. I cant believe someone hasnt grabbed this yet. Sweet deal
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby bugler05 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:02 pm

Hahaha, tell me about it. I'm pretty surprised no one has jumped on it either. I know its a bad time of year to try and sell it but lack of space is ruling the decision. Just need someone to convince their wife or girlfriend that this is a ripping deal and a badass christmas present.
bugler05
hunter

Postby wingnutty » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:50 pm

That is a good deal. Trailer and motor are just about worth the $1000. I should buy it, but I just sold my TBD Classic this fall and now I am down to 2 duck boats and really don't have a need for any others, as much as I would like to fill my fleet back up to 4 again.
wingnutty
hunter

Postby huntfishnv » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:23 pm

I want this boat so bad, I just have absolutely no money for it.
Nick Roehl wrote:Everything I say is so damn good you need to quote it for your signiture.

Un-expect the expected
huntfishnv
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting