Duck Hunting Forum banner

So. IL ducks?

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  abeauchamp63 
#1 ·
I'm looking to book a hunt some time in Jan. Can't seem to find too many ducks in northern IL, so I'm gonna have to drive a bit to locate them. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions of clubs to check out for quality duck hunting? Not looking for a club to join, rather a reputable place to get into a decent amount of birds for a few days. Or, would I probably be better off trying SE Missouri or Arkansas? If I could find a nice place in IL, it'd save me from having to drive 10 hours to AR. But, if there simply aren't any good places in So. IL (or if the ducks are usually gone in So. IL in Jan.), I suppose I'll make the drive... if that's where the birds are. Any input would help. Names of outfitters, contact names, and their city/state. Thanks!

#2 ·
South zone is in the longest down here. I think until Jan. 20th(double check that). There are clubs around Union County refuge, Ware, Olive Branch and others of course. Google search should lead you to a bunch of clubs. Grassy lake is a popular club, Blakemore, The Flyway and others. Going off memory so you'll have to track these places down. Good luck

#4 ·
If you want to kill ducks one of the best members and sponsors on this site is Cason Byers. He is the absolute real deal, and I would personally vouch that he is a 100% stand-up guy. Check out his web-page below:

http://www.byersfarm.com/

The only problem you may have is locking in a date for this year, as with any club of this caliber it would not surprise if he is booked out. But......There is always next year :thumbsup:

Good Luck,
BC

#11 ·
swampcrawler said:
You might check out worthingtons hunting club in olive branch .They are suppose to be a top notch outfit.I have never used him personally but knew his mom and dad they were good people .Just an idea
I dont believe Worthingtons is around anymore. I heard they leased it out. It was a pretty good club. I would 100% recommend Grassy Lake Hunt club. Colin Cain the owner is an awesome person and he runs an A+ operation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.