Painted rock reservoir

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

Painted rock reservoir

Postby LaRedneck » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:41 pm

Couldn't find any info as to if you can hunt this area....anyone hunted it? Since Picacho is dry now I need a new hole to take my boys too since we have them for Christmas this year. Anyone have any suggestion? PM me
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Painted rock reservoir

Postby bass3859 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:09 pm

You cannot hunt it. It is managed by the Corps of Engineers, I think, and is closed indefinitely. Pesticides (DDT included) from the Gila River upstream have collected in there, and have basically contaminated it to the point they will not allow access to it at all. Here is a Wikipedia link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Painted_Rock_Dam
bass3859
hunter

Postby blindbound86 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:20 pm

Bass is correct I used to work near there and its closed, if youre willing to drive to there you could go a little farther and get to some decent spots on the gila, pm me if youre interested and i could point ya in the right direction in that area. good luck.
assateague wrote:Know what tolerance is good for? Making more sissies. It's like sissy fertilizer.
blindbound86
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:51 am

I did read about the pesticides, from the rain fall right? Just didn't see or read long enough to see where it was closed for hunting, kinda too the hint when it wasn't on the azgfd site :yes:
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting