I need to find a place in east tn

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, Itchy Coyote, duckbumm, duck slayR

I need to find a place in east tn

Postby rider81 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:00 pm

Hey everyone. I'm sure the question has been asked time and time again. But I really need to know where some places are to hunt here in east tn or near by withing a hour or so. All my life I've only hunted in Mississippi I live here in Johnson city now and have no clue of where to hunt. I did go with a buddie one time to a cove in Boone lake but we didn't see anything. Is there any places around here for goose or duck to.hunt? Any public fields or any flooded areas. And as far as the lake or river goes how would I know if I found a place whether it was ok to hunt or not. Ive always hunted on a leased out spot with my family in Mississippi and now that I'm here I'm clueless and am not able to.go back home for awhile. On top of it all my fiance wants to hunt and I feel bad not.knowing where to take her. I would pay someone also if they would take us or let us use some land. If anyone knows where o hunt publicly or where I can lease I'd appreciate it so much. Thank y'all for any help.
rider81
Newb

Re: I need to find a place in east tn

Postby EricG » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:26 am

Maybe go over to Mahoney's and ask someone may help you out they may not. Not sure of any birds. Im from Unicoi graduated from ETSU. I saw some one one here from JC may want to ask them. Maybe Holston seems I've heard that mentioned. Pretty much anything else you want to hunt Buffalo mountain should do you. Just pick up a forest service map.
EricG
hunter

Postby DrakeTN » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:13 pm

im from JC and there is lots of places to hunt around here, just gotta know where to go. I have a boat so im usually on a lake somewhere but you can hunt the watagua river or south holston river....the holston is probably the best for around here cause it has lots of public access. just call or text me at 423 967 3631 if you have any questions.
DrakeTN
Newb

Postby TYnTN » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Years ago we had decent luck on the Holston above the John Sevier plant in Rogersville. Have not been up that way in several years, but would like a report.
TYnTN
Newb

Postby tn_duckman » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:58 pm

Im from johnson city. There are alot of places around here to hunt and where you will kill birds if you put in the time to scout and find the birds. Shoot me a pm i may be able to help you out.
tn_duckman
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting