Good Places to Hunt

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

Re: Good Places to Hunt

Postby QuacknStrut » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:39 pm

forums used to be a place for other duck hunters to meet

Still are. I have hooked up with a guy I am trying to help out in an area I hunt out of state from that state's forum. Never met him and probably never will, he just needed help so I offered cause he stomps some of the same marsh I do. I have hunted down south and invited them to hunt with me. made some good pals off of the internet too and enjoyed hunting with them-me with them and them with me (they got me a mottled, I got them some nice wood duck drakes). I just ignore the blowhards and only associate online with people that have a frickin sense of humor and seem like they like hunting ducks like I do.

Plus, some of those duck orgs keep you in birds or keep you with access to birds, so those guys and gals are doing you a service as well.
QuacknStrut
hunter

Postby marshnole11 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:52 pm

whaknstak wrote:Nobody is holding you hostage nole. You don't have put up with homosexual old coots and and kids that don't have two pubes to rub together. So, just leave and rid us of your garbage posts. Bye :hi:

Nobody called you out. do you have a guilty conscience? If you don't fall into either of those categories then you shouldn't be offended.
marshnole11
hunter

Postby marshnole11 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:53 pm

QuacknStrut wrote:Only person I see acting like a douche is you my brother. relax. Enjoy life.

See my above post old man mcgee
marshnole11
hunter

Postby marshnole11 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:59 pm

QuacknStrut wrote:
forums used to be a place for other duck hunters to meet

Still are. I have hooked up with a guy I am trying to help out in an area I hunt out of state from that state's forum. Never met him and probably never will, he just needed help so I offered cause he stomps some of the same marsh I do. I have hunted down south and invited them to hunt with me. made some good pals off of the internet too and enjoyed hunting with them-me with them and them with me (they got me a mottled, I got them some nice wood duck drakes). I just ignore the blowhards and only associate online with people that have a frickin sense of humor and seem like they like hunting ducks like I do.

Plus, some of those duck orgs keep you in birds or keep you with access to birds, so those guys and gals are doing you a service as well.

I know what these orgs are responsible for, ive been around.....what im talking about is all the infighting on other forums between the older guys, it makes the organizations look stupid and petty. greed, egos and stupidity is running rampant and is making these orgs lose support.

on the other note thats great you helped out another hunter and didnt broadcast it across the internet for all the bozos. be carefull what you say though.... I hear there is a tire slasher running around.
marshnole11
hunter

Postby tknight006 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:11 pm

The conversations really take a turn for the worse when the season approaches.

In regards to the OP... as far as having to get in line at 1am... thats just the price you pay. I don't like it either, this I can promise you... but I will get in line much earlier if it means I get to see the sunrise in the Marsh...

In regards to hoodies, and giant stickers on the back of trucks etc... Its all advertising for a sport that we want to promote... We selfishly don't like the attention that it may draw to an area we want to keep quiet, but know that when more people get into hunting, it brings more money to help with the habitat... its a double edged sword.

I had what I would consider the best mixed bag of ducks I've ever shot hanging from my lanyard earlier this season... The next hunt, everything that could go wrong did.... I still enjoyed that hunt just as much as I did the previous one... When you realize that its about more killing ducks, and keeping the sport and your spots so hush hush, you'll become a true sportsman..
Prostaff application pending
tknight006
hunter

Postby QuacknStrut » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:11 pm

Old man? How about you kiss my azz? You sound like one of the typical know it all punks you seem to dislike.

I know what site you are talking about. On it every day. A lot of that "infighting" is actually people working through ideas and passionately arguing their positions. It may accomplish a lot too. Of course, some of it is just infighting and I agree it gets old. But you already are the expert as you seem to know everything. Never met you at a meeting though of any kind. You just like to sit back and criticise the "old coots" all while benefitting from their efforts. Nice.

You said half the people are this and the other half are that, so if you are here, you fit in one of the halves. You fail statistics t FSU?
QuacknStrut
hunter

Postby QuacknStrut » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:19 pm

this is why I travel back south to hunt.

nevermind, just realized where you are from. No manners and knows everything. Figures.
QuacknStrut
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:30 pm

marshnole11 wrote:
whaknstak wrote:Nobody is holding you hostage nole. You don't have put up with homosexual old coots and and kids that don't have two pubes to rub together. So, just leave and rid us of your garbage posts. Bye :hi:

Nobody called you out. do you have a guilty conscience? If you don't fall into either of those categories then you shouldn't be offended.

Clean conscience here. The attitude is simply unnecessary.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby marshnole11 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:55 pm

QuacknStrut wrote:Old man? How about you kiss my azz? You sound like one of the typical know it all punks you seem to dislike.

I know what site you are talking about. On it every day. A lot of that "infighting" is actually people working through ideas and passionately arguing their positions. It may accomplish a lot too. Of course, some of it is just infighting and I agree it gets old. But you already are the expert as you seem to know everything. Never met you at a meeting though of any kind. You just like to sit back and criticise the "old coots" all while benefitting from their efforts. Nice.

You said half the people are this and the other half are that, so if you are here, you fit in one of the halves. You fail statistics t FSU?

Ha! You call me a douche when I never attacked you and then I make a joke and you tell me to kiss your ass. But people can threaten violence over a duck spot and nobody says a word. Once again, why are you getting defensive if you do not meet either of the two mentioned profiles? know it all? hardly, just call things like I see them.

as far as meetings go, you have no clue what or who your talking about.
marshnole11
hunter

Postby marshnole11 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:01 pm

whaknstak wrote:
marshnole11 wrote:

Clean conscience here. The attitude is simply unnecessary.

once again, if you do not fall into either one of those categories then why or how are you offended. wouldn't the attitude not be directed towards you if that was the case? I'm confused how you don't understand that.

good thing I didn't threaten to slash some tires. I couldn't imagine the reaction from that.

if you want we can hug it out sometime if it makes you feel better
marshnole11
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:03 pm

I rest my case. Good night sir.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby greatwhite » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:25 am

If getting to a place at 1 am is too much for you...then i don't know what to tell you. Small price you got to pay to get the good spots. Believe me...you will not get the good spots showing up 30 minutes before shooting time. Those guys drive me nuts.[/quote]

Forget that, there were guys launching 15 minutes after shooting time. I can put up with the skybusters--that's going to happen--but putting in at 7 and paddling through everyone's spread is ridiculous.
greatwhite
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:08 am

I think its time to end this thread.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby QuacknStrut » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:29 am

Yeah, I am done too. For the record, I never called you a douche. I don't know you. You may be one or you may not. I just said you were acting like one on this thread.
QuacknStrut
hunter

Postby bang_n_splash » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:26 pm

you guys are awesome. "No thats my spot i found it first. dont name that lake". I love watching train wrecks
bang_n_splash
hunter

Postby duckhunter48 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:26 am

micc, jackson, iamonia, carr, pcs, seminole, munson, the coast. did i miss any? there, is everyone happy now? north florida has gone to crap in terms of duck hunting anyways. i give up.
11-12 season totals:

Coot-7
Hen wood ducks-2
Whistling Tree Ducks-1
duckhunter48
hunter

Postby marshnole11 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:19 am

Haha.... you missed a few. watch out your tires are going to get slashed.

No but seriously if you list my hunting spots ill egg your house and poop in your mailbox.
marshnole11
hunter

Previous

Return to Florida Duck Hunting