Anybody shooting divers on coast yet??

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, Oregon Honker, njonesy_07

Anybody shooting divers on coast yet??

Postby UmatillaJeff » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:14 pm

Anybody know if there are any divers on siltcoos, tackinatch, tenmile etc etc?? I would like to try for some but hate to make the long drive and have no birds around.
Count all the times you shoot a bird on the water. This will teach you about how effective the shells you think are so great are.
UmatillaJeff
hunter

Re: Anybody shooting divers on coast yet??

Postby tlrmike99 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:36 pm

Have not heard yet. I have contact with one of the Game Troopers over there (perk of being in the LE family...LOL), I will give him a call tomorrow and see what he says... talked to him about 3 weeks ago and he had not been up to the lake.

I would think by this time of the year, they should be showing up enough for a decent day of shooting.
tlrmike99
hunter

Postby QH's Paw » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:44 am

Things are running a little behind schedule this season so far as birds. The divers are no where near where they usually are by now, numberswise, in many places. Don't be surprised if you have to work a little harder than you are used to.
Save a Salmonid, shoot a sawbill
QH's Paw
hunter

Postby Tealer » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:23 pm

QH's Paw wrote:Things are running a little behind schedule this season so far as birds. The divers are no where near where they usually are by now, numberswise, in many places. Don't be surprised if you have to work a little harder than you are used to.

Totally agree.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting