Portable alum blind

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Portable alum blind

Postby darcher » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:44 pm

If you live in western Montana, and want an aluminum, portable blind, get in touch. I will weld it up for you free (Well, maybe a six pack). I have a mig welder with an aluminum spool gun. I have a small project in the months ahead. I have a portable one-man puppet theater in the shape of a big tree trunk. (Stump The Storyteller.) I even have bark cloth that goes around it. I gave performances to elementary school children, but I found that my shoulders just don't hold up so well. A while back I looked at it with new appreciation. Just add some bicycle wheels on each side and it will make a great cart and portable blind for next year! So, if you buy the aluminum pipe and have a design, get in touch. I can build a simple, portable design using wing nuts for quick assembly or help you design something crazy like mine. I'm already getting bored this winter.

Dave Archer
darcher
hunter

Re: Portable alum blind

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:02 pm

Dude, no offense but I don't even know what the heck your talking about. You mean you use a cloth and aluminum stage prop tree for a hunting blind? Are you hoping to bag a five foot Daffy Duck character? No wonder your always complaining about not being able to get the stuff to your hunting spot. Buy yourself a pair of brush trimmers and cut your own blind into a bush on the edge of the river.
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby Bulldog0156 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:54 pm

I just sit behind a bush and don't move. Works every time.
Bulldog0156
hunter

Postby pmahler » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:08 pm

Datcher, please stop... This is getting painful & I agree, what the hell are you talking about?! Puppet shows, aching shoulders & StILL no ducks for the year? God I'm confused
pmahler
hunter

Postby darcher » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:28 pm

You guys are a bunch of @******. I made the offer to weld someone a blind. Hunters use them all over the country. The little puppet theater is made of aluminum. I will transform in to a wheeled decoy cart and blind. You are right. Around you mighty, duck slayers, I am pathetic, but it doesn't change the fact that some of you are real @******. For the record, I am a retired school teacher and love working with children. What you missed was the offer. FY
darcher
hunter

Postby greyling » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:23 am

I actually hunt in areas where there is little to no cover and was just thinking about that. What if I had a portable blind I could bring out here. I'm just confused on what exactly you would be trying to put together.
greyling
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:48 am

Works like a charm.
Attachments
AV-01399-250.png
AV-01399-250.png (21.25 KiB) Viewed 801 times
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby Troutslayer » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:33 pm

For those times when skulling up on them on Hebgen Lake just isn't an option-
Troutslayer
hunter

Postby Rat Fink » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:55 pm

How could a guy not kill any ducks this year? My spots are covered up with thousands upon thousands of birds right now. 21 greenheads is easy pickings this year. Drop that stupid scull boat in the middle of a barley field and hunt out of that if you have to.
Rat Fink
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:11 pm

thanks for the invite.
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby Rat Fink » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:32 pm

phutch30 wrote:thanks for the invite.

LOL. Like you have had any problem killing ducks. The invite is coming. Gotta get the wife and some family hunts taken care of. Will be in touch soon. And I kid you not, if I said 10,000 mallards I'd be lying. I can't count any higher. I had to resort to shooting my O/U so I don't limit out in less than 5 minutes. :biggrin:
Last edited by Rat Fink on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rat Fink
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:34 pm

I'll trade ya a crappy salmon fishing trip. LOL
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting