which goose fullbody deks to buy?

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

which goose fullbody deks to buy?

Postby Webfootslayer » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:28 am

Where I live (Central Oregon) everyone runs GHG (normal size) or Bigfoots (myself included) and I'm looking to change up my spread & am in kinda situation I know I want DSD'S because noone has them but those will be for late season use only. So I'm on the fence about which 1's to get Higdons,Dakota's, Tanglefree or Final Approach. I bought 3 doz FA's when the 1st came out & they royally sucked so I'm really apprehensive w them.More than likely I'm gonna purchase 3-5 dozen & was wondering peoples opinion b4 I make such a large purchase & am leaning towards lessers on these deks as well. Any helpful hints complaints pro's con's yadda yadda would b awesome PS We get pretty cold here so durability is always an issue but seems every year we have heads, bodies, legs etc crack on us thanks for your input either PM me or just reply & may the bird gods bless your spread w many mornings of cupped wings
Webfootslayer
hunter

Re: which goose fullbody deks to buy?

Postby 2500hdon37s » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:48 am

dakota hands down. I have their FB ducks and they are the most durable decoys I've ever seen.

I would steer away from FA decoys, I've got 4 of their full body geese and they are all busted up and I baby them, and I have also seen the backs bust out of tangle free's where the stand goes in.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby Tipsntails7 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:40 pm

I'm not sure where you mean as central oregon ( bend madras area) but in the willamette valley a TON of people run Dave's blocks. I myself have 18 of his for sml spread operations. I really like Dakota's if you can get of the footballish look they are great, great detail, decent price and great guys to deal with. Picked up a few of their lessers this year and i love em.Fairly durable as well. I would not touch FA Brand unless they were given to me. No experience with tanglefree. Higdon I'm not a real fan of their new full bodies but the wobbler deeks are the ticket, I have 2 dozen and have hunted them hard this year and they look great. Movement cab get a little crazy in a good wind bu I replaces the pink top with a snug rubber washer and it does a good job of limiting the spinning. So in the end if money wasn't an object I'd run DSD it is so I run Dakota's.
How's my spelling WTN10

ByersFarm wrote:Barrel stickers are about as cool as a handjob on your honeymoon?

DUCK-DAWG wrote:I would feel safer straddling a pool noodle than paddling along in that widowmaker.
Tipsntails7
hunter

Postby Webfootslayer » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:36 pm

I live in Prineville,Oregon but hunt everywhere within a 100 miles of here. So with that said & from what I've experienced & helpful hints from serious hunters alike I'm gonna go w DSD's for late season & 90% sold on the Dakota's I was kinda figuring/knowing as with anything you get what u pay for. Thanks for your guy's input.
Webfootslayer
hunter

Postby Tealer » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:48 pm

I worked a S-ton of overtime to swing my DSD spread. They are spendy, bit I think with the ace material, single bagged they are plenty durable. I toss mine in and out of the cart, 2 seasons 60 hunts no problem. I'm up to 78 lessers and 16 honkers. If I had to do it again I would, in a heart beat.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby Tipsntails7 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:13 pm

it sure helps when you can swing by the shop and grab em insteadd of having em shipped. id imagine freight on those would be a pretty penny
How's my spelling WTN10

ByersFarm wrote:Barrel stickers are about as cool as a handjob on your honeymoon?

DUCK-DAWG wrote:I would feel safer straddling a pool noodle than paddling along in that widowmaker.
Tipsntails7
hunter

Postby Webfootslayer » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:19 pm

Frieghts free for those willing to put up the $ for em if buy 3 doz or more they ship em free just got to get ahold of dave & brandon & see how long I'll b sitting on the porch waitn for UPS to come lol think I'm just gonna go all in on DSD & get the 4 doz lessers & like 8 honker sentries & like a game of cards just play em right on the geese.I'm going to invest my money not only in the USA but in my state as well :thumbs
Webfootslayer
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum