Getting ready for a nice 12 week vacation in 2013

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, h2ofowlr, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck

Re: Getting ready for a nice 12 week vacation in 2013

Postby Surfj9009 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:23 am

Well, special thanks to shade for the Bluebills repaints!
I got the Hydroturf material installed on all standing surfaces and the huntdeck.
Got the beavertail blind installed and stitched in a dog door for it. Still gotta modify the flip top portion to make it easier to use and stow. Put my deposit down with MudBuddy Northwest for a new Sport V52. Bill said MB quoted him a 3-4 month lead time. Hopefully I'll get it before it gets too far into the season! Thanks Hayden Hunter for the referral and contact info, as well as the conversation regarding my options.
I also picked up a couple extra weeks on the ship. Gonna be a long summer. I'm only going to be home for 14 days between now and October 16th, but I should be able to get back to the 12 weeks of solid hunting time :beer:
Surfj9009
hunter

Postby Shade » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:37 pm

You bet.... And the best part about cheap Bluebill Decoys is that you won't feel bad when you shoot them! Especially since a few of them are foam filled now. Having some bills in your spread will really help pull in some extra species. Get those suckers rigged up on a long line and watch the divers come on over from across the river.
Shade,
Yard Buck pro-staff trainee
Shade
hunter

Postby Surfj9009 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:08 pm

Shade wrote:You bet.... And the best part about cheap Bluebill Decoys is that you won't feel bad when you shoot them! Especially since a few of them are foam filled now. Having some bills in your spread will really help pull in some extra species. Get those suckers rigged up on a long line and watch the divers come on over from across the river.

:thumbsup:

Dropped the dog of today with Dan Hosford for four weeks of training, working on the following three disciplines:
1) steadiness in the blind
2) marking multiple birds
3) running blinds

She's 3 years old and this is her first time with a pro trainer....I tried to do as much as I could by myself, but these are the three hardest things I've tried to work on. Kind of hit a wall with her, but I feel confidant she will excel during her time with him, because she already knows all the basic obedience and is force fetched pretty well. Got what, 12 weeks till the season starts?

Time to start practicing my calling big time!
Surfj9009
hunter

Previous

Return to Washington Duck Hunting