MOJO wiring question?

A place for people to discuss "do it yourself" projects from building blinds, to boats and everything in between.

Moderator: Botiz630

MOJO wiring question?

Postby YJPirate » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:02 pm

I have an older style MOJO. The switch went out on it a few years back so it has been wired straight from the battery to motor. I bought a MOJO remote for it last year but never got around to putting it in. My question is, the remote receiver is wired to be plugged in to the newer style MOJO's. I need to cut this plug off and wire it in, but I'm not excellent at electrical work. Can anybody guide me on exactly which wires need to be connected, or even if this will work at all?

YJPirate
hunter

Re: MOJO wiring question?

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:30 am

Just a guess...

Picture1.png

That remote should have come with a wiring diagram... if you put it up here, it will be easier to help you out.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Re: MOJO wiring question?

Postby War Wagon » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:08 pm

Go to MoJo's web and buy a new wiring harness. you get everything, a new switch, and the new plug in for the charger. Real easy to put in. Looking at your pic does it enen have a battery box ? Here is the a new wiring harness from MoJo ....http://www.mojooutdoors.com/index.php/p ... pathway-94
The cost is $ 9.45
War Wagon
hunter

MOJO wiring question?

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:12 pm

1. Cut the plug off.
2. Cut battery cable in the middle.
3. Splice red wires from remote to red wires from battery. (shouldn't matter which)
4. Turn mojo on.
5. Touch black wires from remote to black wires from the battery.
If it works splice them together. If it doesn't switch the black wires from the remote. If it still doesn't work switch red wires and repeat. If that still doesn't work...I'm sorry, I just broke your MOJO.
6 and 12 volt is easy to work with and has no risk of electrocution. Good luck. Let us know if you get it figured out.

Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app
2013 DHC California cyber scouters---6
:moon:
NuffDaddy
hunter

Return to Do It Yourself Hunting