Can anyone help me

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Can anyone help me

Postby Thedriller » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:13 pm

out. I am looking for a good guide service around reno. I want to take my oldest boy who is 10 yrs old goose hunting. With my work I have little time to go out and do scouting. I havent been goose hunting since I was 16, now being 36 I would like him to enjoy the outdoors like I did when I was a kid.
Its the only job you start at the top and work your way to the bottom
Thedriller
hunter

Re: Can anyone help me

Postby Yard Goose » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:20 pm

All for getting kids out... Let me see what the plan is for this weekend and I will tack you down... :thumbsup:
Let Wads Fly And Feathers Fall!!
Yard Goose
hunter

Postby SIL3NT T3 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:52 pm

Yard Goose wrote:All for getting kids out... Let me see what the plan is for this weekend and I will tack you down... :thumbsup:

Way to go Yard that's a nice offer :thumbsup: :clapping: If my spot pans out Friday I also may be willing all about birds being in there
SIL3NT T3
hunter

Postby creationchris » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:53 pm

Yard Goose wrote:All for getting kids out... Let me see what the plan is for this weekend and I will tack you down... :thumbsup:

Agree!! Good deed John!! :thumbsup:
creationchris
hunter

Postby Thedriller » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:17 pm

Thanks for the offer Yard Goose. That sounds great. Here is another question. I recently bought my son a weatherby sa-80 20 guage youth shotgun and was wondering if it would do the job of bringing down a goose or duck, and what loads would you recommend.
Last edited by Thedriller on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its the only job you start at the top and work your way to the bottom
Thedriller
hunter

Postby fishonzac » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:05 am

That is a really nice offer! Jon and Silent are some serious hunters! I hunt with Jon a lot and his private leases are killer it is better then having a guide! The Sa-08 will have no problem bringing birds down just buy quality shells (hevi metal and there is that Remington hypersonic that are great shells. For ducks I would say 2,3 or 4 shot size. For goose bb or 2 will work. I have some good areas locally I can take you guys to as well all about getting the kids involved. Jon's son is about your sons age and he does a lot of hunting maybe you can all go out. Jon and Silent way to be that is awesome of you guys. :bow: :beer:
fishonzac
hunter

Postby SIL3NT T3 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:10 am

Jon put it best it is about kids mine are grown and one likes to hunt but he is to focused on other young adult things. Plus not to loose sight at what this room and it's members have to offer when you just simply ask. Agreed Jon has the best thing goin :bow: . Haven't heard much of jons son was wondering that last night me and him used to PM back and forth over the kids and other successes anyhow I hope one or all of us can make a new hunter smile and the proper way to pull em down :wink:
SIL3NT T3
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting