Duck Hunting Forum banner

Last Day!

3K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  RangerX 
#1 ·
Good luck to all my fellow duck hunters that are hardy enough to venture out on the last day of the season!! I'm heading out finally for one last hurrah! may it be a good one! :beer:

#2 ·
It was over last Sunday in the NEK. Although it was a pretty slow season over here, I still feel lost. Still can't get out of the habit of checking the weather and reports four or more times a day. Even ran out of the office yesterday PM to check the cornfields and river just to know if they were there.

#3 ·
hawkman said:
It was over last Sunday in the NEK. Although it was a pretty slow season over here, I still feel lost. Still can't get out of the habit of checking the weather and reports four or more times a day. Even ran out of the office yesterday PM to check the cornfields and river just to know if they were there.
:mad: Except for last year( when I had a broken leg all season),this year was THE WORST season I have had in 47 YRS.as a waterfowler :huh: . :umm: ANYONE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO SPLIT GAS MONEY/EXPENSES FOR A SPRING SNOW GOOSE HUNT :help:.I KNOW A GUY :hammer: :hammer:

#6 ·
RangerX,
Very Nice Bag.
Looks like that black might be a hybrid. Looks like it has a hint of green behind the eyes.

We ended the season with a Bang. Going to be hard to beat this season or even come close to it next year. Lots of great hunts and even better memories.

#8 ·
Amazing how one side of the state can do so well and we can go weeks on the other side of the state and never see a bird. The year round resident birds in town aren't even here. Go figure!

Shouldn't complain too much though. I hunted out of state and had my best season in 54 years. Gotta squeeze in as much as I can before I'm too old to hunt.

A forum hunt and barbeque afterwards...I could that.

#11 ·
I think we all have done pretty well this year on the waterfowl! Lets hope the bag limits dont change for next year because we all shot too many birds!!!LOL

Think this has been one of my best years on ducks! Geese not so much! But I did not get out to scout much this year....too busy with working to get any time in scouting,so I paid for it with a lower goose kill this year! Not like they are not here,the field behind my house right now has over 300 in it!

Congrats too all that had a good season and thanks for sharing your pics and fun times with all of us here!

As for the forum hunt that sounds like a really good idea! Further thought and discussion might be a really cool idea! See what everyone has to say about it, and see what we can make happen? :thumbsup:

#16 ·
I would be up for a forum hunt as well, seeing as how I had to cut it short this year. I like the idea of a BBQ after as well!!

Want to thank all of you that posted up pics and hunts so that I live vicariously through your experiences. My knee is doing well and I hope to get back at them next year!

#17 ·
Slow last day and overall slow last few weeks. My dog picked up 170 for the season;not including snows. I am not sure how many I shot but the best season ever. Shot a nice pintail mallard hybrid unfortunately it was a hen. Having a nice black duck mount added to the collection and also picked up 2 more bands. Haven't hung it up yet. Heading to NY next week with five other guys. hopefully snows r still around. Can't wait for spring snows.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.