Todays lunch menu....

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Todays lunch menu....

Postby tmclaimerFL » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:28 pm

I cleaned up some birds that I had in the fridge today and decided to make some for lunch. I ended up breasting out one hen scaup and plucked a hen redhead. Usually when I kill bigger birds I always pluck em. Anyways I only seasoned slightly in dry rub on the breasts and stuffed a little cream cheese and picked em. On the red I left the skin on but I pulled it away from the meat and got some seasoning under it. Threw them both in the smoker together for about 45 minutes around 300 degrees , and fellas it never has tasted better. Usually I try to marinade for at least an hour but it didn't need it at all. So for all you guys that don't like divers and think they are trash, think again.

IMG_20121220_125236-1.jpg

IMG_20121220_124546-1.jpg
IMG_20121220_124546-1.jpg (23.09 KiB) Viewed 1447 times
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Re: Todays lunch menu....

Postby tmclaimerFL » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:30 pm

Oh and I pulled skin off red after it was done because it was covered in feathers still but usually ill eat the skin too. Legs are also delicious!
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:09 am

redheds eat 90% plant matter and are a white fat duck. I like them a lot and will shot every one that I can legally shot every morning I can! :yes: Plus, they decoy pretty easily....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:32 am

Indaswamp wrote:redheds eat 90% plant matter and are a white fat duck. I like them a lot and will shot every one that I can legally shot every morning I can! :yes: Plus, they decoy pretty easily....

Damn right Swamp! What's on the Superbowl menu?

Sent from my Huawei U8800-51 using Tapatalk 2

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:47 am

tmclaimerFL wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:redheds eat 90% plant matter and are a white fat duck. I like them a lot and will shot every one that I can legally shot every morning I can! :yes: Plus, they decoy pretty easily....

Damn right Swamp! What's on the Superbowl menu?

Sent from my Huawei U8800-51 using Tapatalk 2

:lol3: we ate it last night....duck poppers and duck egg rolls at my handicapped buddies house...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking