High Level Alberta

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

High Level Alberta

Postby D Comeaux » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:45 pm

Anyone hunted in the High level area this year? I made a hunting trip up there a few years ago and really enjoyed EVERY MINUTE OF IT. Would love to get back up there again one day
D Comeaux
hunter

Re: High Level Alberta

Postby REM1100 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:11 am

Up in High Level, you are one of the first hunters that the birds will see coming from the Northwest Territories onto grain fields. The guides there have great succes.
on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby War Wagon » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:21 am

Never hunted Alberta, thought about it but, I have found that Saskatchewan, has everything I ever dreamed about. :thumbsup:
War Wagon
hunter

Postby D Comeaux » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:31 pm

REM1100 wrote:Up in High Level, you are one of the first hunters that the birds will see coming from the Northwest Territories onto grain fields. The guides there have great succes.

It was a really enjoyable hunting trip. The lodge was on the bank of the peace river and had honkers on the roost sing us to sleep every night. Another part i found interesting was not having to spell my last name to anyone when in country. :lol3:
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby badgreenbird » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:35 pm

I haven't hunted High Level, but know a guy who lives there & seems to do OK. Clouds of birds up here and hardly any hunters. As far as the name goes, the 'X' at the end may be a regional thing, but 'Comeau' is a pretty common name in Canada.
badgreenbird
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting