Anybody ever use Motion Deks

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

Anybody ever use Motion Deks

Postby the.hines » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:38 pm

Do any of you use the Motion Deks? How do you like them? I ama Fan of them myself. I try to use one when I am sitting on a marsh flat. They help me cover large areas....

Dek
"Respect is never given, but always earned"

Shawn "DEK" Hines
Franklin KY
the.hines
acct perm susp for duplicate use name

Postby foggyhunt » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:40 pm

absolutely. Some of the best waterfowl hunters in the sport use motion decoys. There will always be some who don't like them. If I were a better caller maybe I wouldn't use them. If your hunting by boat, it's easy to carry extra items as to hauling stuff during a long walk. I've had 2 robos for about 5 yrs now. I think in AK, where maybe the pressure isn't like the lower 48, that to have on the water motion dekes would be just as good or deadly. I've been eyeing the ultimate hunter decoy out of Cabela's. As long as you pay attention to where the decoys is and the wind speed so that it doesn't float away.

I bet it's deadly at close range and the thing about it is you can start and stop it, unlike the robos unless you get a certain remote that stops it. I have got one of them. 1 or 2 of them for 2 hunters will put weight on the stringer fur sure. Has anyone used the ultimate hunter deke yet?
"Blend in or go hungry"

"who needs a reason it's duck season"
foggyhunt
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:28 pm

We've used they quite a few time back home, most if the time we use them for movement on the water since we hunt more timber, they work really well for open water. Just stick one of the wings in the water and you've got movement.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby akbrett » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:44 am

Haven't tried any yet, but I might just have to give one a shot this year if I get a chance to go out.
akbrett
hunter

Postby AK Ducks » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:19 am

I use one it works great I would recomend trying it. there are those who don't like them for ethical reasons but you don't see many of those here in AK. (because we rock) If you want to save money they have just the wings that spin for like $30
thanks to the men and woman of the United States Coast Guard- without them I would not be here.
AK Ducks
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting