Public Hunting in AR

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

Public Hunting in AR

Postby jmittag » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:10 pm

My wife and I are fairly new to duck hunting. We Live in NW AR, but willing to drive to NE or SE AR if necessary to find any public locations that have permanent blinds on them...Does anyone know of any? And do any have a blind-drawing procedure? Would also like to find one that has boats available for those that use a perm blind. Any advice would be appreciated!
jmittag
hunter
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:02 pm


Public Hunting in AR

Postby grassduck » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:59 pm

Permanent blinds were recently banned in Arkansas. The only WMAs that ha them were Big Lake, St Francis Sunken Lands, and Dave Donaldson. When you could hunt them it was a shaky proposition. The only draw WMA is Raft Creek. All the rest of WMA's are walk in or boat in situations. I would suggest going to the AGFC website and researching. As far as boats available, we are a BYOB state.
grassduck
hunter
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:04 pm
Location: Northwest Arkansas

Public Hunting in AR

Postby whisperin' duck » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:01 am

grassduck wrote:Permanent blinds were recently banned in Arkansas. The only WMAs that ha them were Big Lake, St Francis Sunken Lands, and Dave Donaldson. When you could hunt them it was a shaky proposition. The only draw WMA is Raft Creek. All the rest of WMA's are walk in or boat in situations. I would suggest going to the AGFC website and researching. As far as boats available, we are a BYOB state.


This guy knows. You gotta pay to play man. Buy a boat if you wanna use one!
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
User avatar
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 6524
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 2:11 pm
Location: North East Arkansas

Re: Public Hunting in AR

Postby jmittag » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:21 pm

Appreciate the reply, grassduck. From MO & have done all my duck hunting up there this season and they still have perm blinds on most WMAs, along w/ boats. Looking forward to doing some duck hunting in AR tho. And you're right whisperin' duck, gotta have a boat, next on my wish list to convince my wife!
jmittag
hunter
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:02 pm

Re: Public Hunting in AR

Postby AaronR » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:40 am

jmittag wrote:Appreciate the reply, grassduck. From MO & have done all my duck hunting up there this season and they still have perm blinds on most WMAs, along w/ boats. Looking forward to doing some duck hunting in AR tho. And you're right whisperin' duck, gotta have a boat, next on my wish list to convince my wife!


The best strategy is to just go buy the boat and park it at home. When she realizes its there (several days or weeks later), say "oh yea i bought a boat." I have seen this work.
User avatar
AaronR
hunter
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Public Hunting in AR

Postby aunt betty » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:23 pm

AaronR wrote:
jmittag wrote:Appreciate the reply, grassduck. From MO & have done all my duck hunting up there this season and they still have perm blinds on most WMAs, along w/ boats. Looking forward to doing some duck hunting in AR tho. And you're right whisperin' duck, gotta have a boat, next on my wish list to convince my wife!


The best strategy is to just go buy the boat and park it at home. When she realizes its there (several days or weeks later), say "oh yea i bought a boat." I have seen this work.
This could really work, especially in Arkansas where it's common for there to be multiple jon boats in almost every yard in town during duck season. Practice saying this..."Oh look honey, someone left this in our yard a couple weeks ago". :biggrin:
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
User avatar
aunt betty
hunter
 
Posts: 9972
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 pm
Location: Go HOGS!


Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests