How's the action latley?

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, cluckmeister, yellowlab, dukhntr

How's the action latley?

Postby Mallyard » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:23 pm

Havn't been out much but have seen lots of birds coming through. I need a new hunting partner my dad has been working too much lately. Wait till next season when I can drive.... It'll be amazing. I'll post tons of pics. I've got a few from this year that I'd like to post if hunt101 would fix their :thumbsdown: site.... lol. Talk you y'all later.

PS: Anyone willing to show me some goose hunting tactics? I want a goose sooooo bad, havn't got one yet this year.

Mallyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ks_waterfowler » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:53 pm

Been pounding the snot out of them. Shot 16 gaddies, 5 quail, and 3 canadas yesterday. Ducks and geese taken jumping ponds.

Been pounding out limits of mallards with widgeon, pintails, and wood ducks in our super secret killing spot. People figured out where we were hunting pretty fast by following the shots though.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby Fatweed » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:38 pm

lots of mallards...easy limits in an hour friday.... quite a few snows here havent got to shoot at yet...and lotta canadas also that i havent got to shoot at yet.... i will tho... buddy called me sunday said 6 geese on the pond...but hour later they were gone... LOL... told him shootem next time and dont wait on me... hehehe said ill do the same... *S*... anyway huntin last friday was tv huntin even...bout every five minutes here come 4 or five mallards...each of us got perfect limits.... *S* cool... if my son wasnt in love he coulda been there too...LOL....save love for spring time....hehehe its huntin time now.... hehehe..
oh by the way...PS...LOL... sunday lookin for geese... we jumped one pond had about 50 mallards on it... and didnt even shoot...cuz we wuz goose huntin... LOL....
Fatweed
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:04 pm

umm last on thanksgiving day bro and i decided to go huntin ..lol mother was so happy about that...took 2 limits of mostly gadwall (few green heads) then decied to leave ducks and go for quail .. the labs kicked ace on them... bors had 6 points and mine had 3... not include one beaudifull mother daughtar side by side point...13 in all didn't think we woudl see as many as we did so ran out of shells i only took 9 and shot 6 (only let one let one single get away ... just took me more than one shell a couple of times..shooting a new gun... lol i am jsut making things up so it dosen't look as bad...lol)bro took 14 or so and shot 7 he had a bad strek like 0-4 in a row... later that day limited out on big ol' dark geese... not a bad day....

mallyard what city do you live in anyways...(you can pm me ... ) have a big goose hunt this weekend if you live close enough you never know...

yellow
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mcn22 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:11 pm

I need a new hunting partner too. Anyone live near Wichita wanna hunt? I went out this past weekend and saw a bunch of geese.

:salude:
mcn22
hunter

Postby duckplucker » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:42 pm

Man, i need to start my waterfowl season. I've only got jumping ponds a couple times. Deer season kinda slowed my waterfowl season down. Turns out i should have skipped the opening weekend of deer season to go goose hunting. Oh well, i ended up w/ a decent 8 point so an alright year anyway. I'll let ya'll know how i do when i finally get in a good serious goose and/or duck hunt.
"Take 'em"
duckplucker
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:08 am

Shot a limit im 15 minutes yesterday. 5 drake mallards with 6 shots. Should've been done in 5 minutes, but the gun acted up on me.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby Fatweed » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:39 pm

Got limits of canadas the last two weekends...and the weekend before that got limits of mallards... but kinda puzzlin me....is ive seen one flock of about 500 snows....and another of about 200...feedin... course i havent been to the reservoir...but wheres the thousands..?? the flocks i seen were about a month ago before it got cold... im wonderin did they fly on thru...or are they not here yet..??? they better hurry they little carp butts down or they gonna miss us....LOL....or they will need skis to land.... LOL
Fatweed
hunter

Postby Duckhunter16 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:34 am

Well I know for me I should have of just about maxed out evertime I have went out if only I could hit at what I was shooting at :smile: But I hope this cold weather dosn't scare off all teh birds. I got all next week to hunt and I am going to enjoy it. :thumbsup:
IF IT FLIES IT DIES

I am a member of peta
People Eating Tasty Animals
Duckhunter16
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting