Orvis Waders

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Orvis Waders

Postby QuackYak » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:49 pm

Anyone have experience with any of the Orvis waders? Got some bogs for christmas thought the sonic seams might be better but wondering if either are worth the money. Though/Advice? :huh:
QuackYak
hunter

Re: Orvis Waders

Postby California Sprig » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:17 pm

I am a fly fisherman in addition to being a hunter. I have a lot of Orvis fishing equipment including a pair of breathable waders for fly fishing. I also have an Orvis upland coat and several other pieces of Orvis clothing. Everything with the Orvis name on it is expensive but the quality is next to none. I don't know about the particular item you are looking at but I have never had a problem with anything Orvis. Also they stand by their products. Bottom line Orvis is quality.
Hunting, fishing, Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whisky - Life is sweet
California Sprig
hunter

Orvis Waders

Postby brokermike » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:16 pm

They're awesome
brokermike
hunter

Postby gseith » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:40 am

brokermike wrote:They're awesome

I agree 100%
gseith
hunter

Postby QuackYak » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:09 pm

gseith wrote:
brokermike wrote:They're awesome

I agree 100%

Elaboate for me a bit if you would guys. U have the sonic seams? how are they in cold? How are on puncture resistance? Thanks a bunch for the resonses though! :beer:
QuackYak
hunter

Postby gseith » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:09 am

I went out this past weekend in 20° weather and stayed warm. Just layer appropriately. Some under armor and fleece pants and I was fine.
As for puncture resistant, they have been holding up well. I have walked through my fair share of briar bushes walking in when it's dark, and haven't had any problems. I wouldn't recommend busting through thick brier patches, but they will shrug off the small stuff without a problem.
I have the sonic seam waders, which are great for long walks.
gseith
hunter

Postby QuackYak » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:44 am

Sounds good to me. Think I'll give em a go. With the Orvis guarantee how can u loose? Thx guys! :thumbsup:
QuackYak
hunter

Postby savage221 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:14 pm

I got a pair this past October and I'm pretty happy with them which is odd to say because they started to leak in the boots by December. Not bad, just seeping at first. Orvis said they'd take time back no problem but I didn't get a chance send them until today. Sent them back this morning to Orvis Wader repair someplace in Virgina.

Not being the brighest of fellows sometimes, I hunted with them yesterday and my feet were soaked in 20 degree weather because the seep got worse. For my stupidty I got a little frost nip on my toes from it but its my own fault because I knew the leak was there.

This said they are great waders. I have Orvis guide waders for fly fishing and they are top notch great which is why I bought these. The nice thing is you can lace and tie the boots so you don't lose them when you get stuck in the muck. They come with felt insoles that keep your feet warm when they are dry. Just know that when you pull these out to use in warmer weather your feet will have a lot of room in the boot so wear a second pair of socks to take up the space.

I layered up yesterday (inslation, hunting pants then fleece pants) and was pretty warm other than my feet which was again my own fault I feel.
savage221
hunter

Postby QuackYak » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:13 pm

Thanks for the info. I'm a little concerned b/c the leaking boots are the main thing I have heard about them. Orvis is supposed to be good about taking care of you though. Just dont want to have to send waders in in the middle of the season. Gonna hope for the best. Thx again!
QuackYak
hunter

Postby brokermike » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:40 pm

If you have an Orvis store near you just by them there. Then you'll have a place to returnt hem if you have aproblem. I like them b/c they give you some room down south and you won't sing soprano when you bend over
brokermike
hunter

Postby thebman » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:41 pm

Two season in in mine with no issues... Love them.
My buddy got a pair at the end of last season and no issues for him either
thebman
hunter

Postby savage221 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Just opened a box from Orvis. Brand new pair or sonic seams to replace my leaking pair. Even went up a boot size like I had requested so I can layer on feet. This is why I keep coming back to this company.
savage221
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum