Howdy:) new to forum

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: Outdoor Gal, NorCal Cazadora, LadyK

Howdy:) new to forum

Postby Countrycowgirl7 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:25 am

Hey I am new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself , I live in Texas and have just got started big into duck hunting this season and I am ADDICTED! Lol my husband got me into duck hunting , I have always been a country girl and love anything outdoors , I love going hunting with my husband and our friends but really want to find some hunting buddies of my own I am getting real tired of being left at home for "guy only" hunts :/ I am so glad to have found this forum and other women who enjoy duck hunting! I can't wait to meet and talk to everyone. Here are some pictures from my season so far

Early teal season

My first duck of the season

Our 3 man limit

Big duck season
Me and my girl
Me and my husband
My first wood ducks

Sorry about all the pictures
Hope it's not to many
Countrycowgirl7
hunter

Re: Howdy:) new to forum

Postby LadyK » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:00 pm

:welcome:

Love all the pictures! Awesome!
"Indeed, this seems actually to be a psychological and sociological law: the power of some needs the folly of others." -Bonhoeffer
LadyK
Forum Moderator

Postby Countrycowgirl7 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:25 pm

Thank you! :smile:
Countrycowgirl7
hunter

Postby PrairieBelle » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:58 pm

Hello and welcome! Looks like you have had a great season so far!
PrairieBelle
hunter

Postby Countrycowgirl7 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:04 pm

Thank you! I have really enjoyed the season hoping to get quite a few more hunts in before season closes I have been working on my calling so that I can go without the husband and still do well, so if anyone has any calling tips I'm all ears! Lol my husband trys to help me but I don't understand a lot of what he is trying to teach me I watch a lot of videos on YouTube :)
Countrycowgirl7
hunter

Postby LadyK » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:21 am

I'm in the same boat with calling. I've been blessed to hunt with some good callers and just never picked it up. My husband and I tend to work on it in the car. I seem to do better listening to him first then trying to recreate the sound. I have affectionately begun to refer to my calling as " my pig sharting noises". The husband keeps telling me everyone starts out this bad but I dunno. :lol3:
"Indeed, this seems actually to be a psychological and sociological law: the power of some needs the folly of others." -Bonhoeffer
LadyK
Forum Moderator

Postby Countrycowgirl7 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:19 am

Lol I understand! I remember when my husband started and he wasn't that good but it seemed like he picked it up so fast so I get frustrated lol, I do keep my haydel call he got me in my truck and practice to and from work I'm sure people wonder what I am doing lol but I don't care, he gave me a gadwall call that I am actually better on then him but I really need to get my mallard down for where I am wanting to hunt
Countrycowgirl7
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:02 pm

Welcome! I been MIA for a while, but it looks like I finally have a reliable computer again.

Love the photos, looks like you guys really get into the birds! Just keep practicing the calling and you'll get there. :thumbsup: I'm sure you've heard it before, but the key is in making sure the air is coming from your diaphragm.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Return to Outdoors Women Forum