Christmas week hunt

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Mikeguard01, Cupped-n-Committed

Christmas week hunt

Postby TerpInSC » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:07 am

Returned to the Motherland for Christmas and some hunting w/ my nephew. Heres how it went:

Christmas AM- Had a hunt lined up on a pond in Howard Co where we torched the geese over Thanksgiving. Hunt cancelled when our host's wife flipped out.

Weds PM- Nephew feeling a little woozy but we couldn't resist trying the Potomac in the sleet. Put in at Rileys and ran upriver hoping to see some new birds moving in w/ the weather. Saw a few birds but nothing major. Killed 1 at which time nephew began heaving and shaking uncontrollably. Picked up early and went home.

Thurs- Nephew on deathbed. Threw a few bottled waters into his room and ran.

Fri- Nephew feeling a bit better. I'm feeling a little woozy.

Sat- Nephew feeling almost human again. I'm feeling like doo doo. Watching the hunting shows on tv.

Better luck next time! Happy Holidays!
TerpInSC
Newb

Re: Christmas week hunt

Postby MD Bandhunter » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:27 pm

Sounds like my whole season........ better luck next time or the way its looking next year! :mad:
2013/2014
Beer- A lot!
hen woody-1
Mallard (Hen)- 4
Green Heads- 2
common merg hen-1
"See the duck
Be the duck
SHOOT THE **** DUCK!!!"
MD Bandhunter
hunter

Re: Christmas week hunt

Postby Md Hunter » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:35 pm

That was Christmas 2011 and 2010 for me!! My sons were in the same boat so we hooked the laptop up to the tv and watched youtube videos of duck hunts! Get better fast!
Md Hunter
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting