shell limit?

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

shell limit?

Postby southernwoody » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:59 pm

Who thinks we ought to have a shell limit on state land? Personally I do. I think it would help with sky bustin and let the birds work. Even if guys did sky bust they'd be done quick so people who do the right thing would have more time to work birds. Also if you do your pre season skeet shooting you ought to be able to kill 6 birds in 25. Jmho.
southernwoody
hunter

shell limit?

Postby chris_k » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:36 pm

I think skybusters are new hunters that don't really understand the range of their ammo. It usually takes them a season in realizing what killable range is.

I'm not for the shell limit. Last season it took an entire box of shells to kill a crippled bufflehead. It was the ethical thing to do, despite the cost of the ammo.
Getcha Pull!
chris_k
hunter

Re: shell limit?

Postby southernwoody » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:24 pm

I agree with you on the new hunters and ethics. But there are plenty of yahoos that have several seasons and kill one sky high bird for fifteen shots that think that its ok cause they did get lucky with a golden bb.
southernwoody
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting