Drake vs Lacrosse waders?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Re: Drake vs Lacrosse waders?

Postby AR Dave » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:24 pm

But Cabela's leaks just the same. I don't even know where my brand new pair are leaking, both boots are wet on the inside, not bad, but definitely water. Then the neoprene began to get wet. It just SUKS! I had them for the last 2 weeks of season, as a replacement for the La Cross. I hope they give me credit, I'll use it for something else later. I'm gonna to take a drive over to MPW, never been there and it's only maybe 1OO miles. Just going to make me a list and go shopping. Someone let me know when the BIG SALE IS?
AR Dave
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:27 pm

AR Dave wrote:But Cabela's leaks just the same. I don't even know where my brand new pair are leaking, both boots are wet on the inside, not bad, but definitely water. Then the neoprene began to get wet. It just SUKS! I had them for the last 2 weeks of season, as a replacement for the La Cross. I hope they give me credit, I'll use it for something else later. I'm gonna to take a drive over to MPW, never been there and it's only maybe 1OO miles. Just going to make me a list and go shopping. Someone let me know when the BIG SALE IS?

The cabela's dry plus aren't made of neoprene. I went through 7 pairs of cabela's ultimates in 4 years before giving up and switching.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby AR Dave » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:52 pm

Ha I was referring an above post - just read a bunch and answer randomly.
Drakes quality sucks and LaCrosse's customer service sucks. Stick with Cabelas.

You're not going to believe what I just pulled out of my closet rebel. A brand new pair of Cabela's Dry Plus 2XL, with Vibram GVP wading shoes. I kept thinking about them when you were talking about em, but finally went to my room (at work) to see if that's what my Spill Response Team had given me last year. Tried them on for the first time. The foot sock is neoprene. They're not camo, but olive green. Heck I could wear these in my leaking waders on cold days, I get my wader boots about 2 sizes too big. They should be nice during the summer, fall, or for walking. And they stay dry all day?

So how cold can I go down too in these? I get cold feet easy, but 1200 thinsulate works fine. Dude, this ought to save wear n tear on whatever heavy waders I get. :clapping:
Last edited by AR Dave on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AR Dave
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:02 pm

AR Dave wrote:You're not going to believe what I just pulled out of my closet rebel. A brand new pair of Cabela's Dry Plus 2XL, with Vibram GVP wading shoes. I kept thinking about them when you were talking about em, but finally went to my room (at work) to see if that's what my Spill Response Team had given me last year. Tried them on for the first time. The foot sock is neoprene. They're not camo, but olive green. Heck I could wear these in my leaking waders on cold days, I get my wader boots about 2 sizes too big. They should be nice during the summer, fall, or for walking. And they stay dry all day?

So how cold can I go down too in these? I get cold feet easy, but 1200 thinsulate works fine. Dude, this ought to save wear n tear on whatever heavy waders I get. :clapping:

Mine are the boot foot waders. They have 600g thinsulate in the boots. I've worn em when its cold and layer up with no problems but I usually where the neoprenes when its cold.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby AR Dave » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:35 pm

Finally figured out what they are - Cabela's Dry-Plus™ G-II Stockingfoot Chest Waders
That neoprene foot is boot high. Well I'll just have to wear em till I get I cold.
Looking forward to having them for blind building and such.

AR Dave
hunter

Postby jstewart_1981 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:57 pm

Have tried and worn several pair of waders and diff brands. If you use them much they all going to leak at some point. Busted boot on the side with beaver stick, leaky seam at knee/crotch area/top of boot. Thats why they make aqua seal. If it was me Id buy lacrosse and save some money. I own 4 pair of lacrosse and they all have leaked at some point but thats because I use them.
jstewart_1981
hunter

Postby Nick_75 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:15 pm

I picked up a pair of LaCrosse waders today on an end of season special for $135. They are my first pair of waders of any sort. I'll keep y'all posted as to their lifespan.
Nick_75
Newb

Postby lou_01 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:47 pm

jstewart_1981 wrote:Have tried and worn several pair of waders and diff brands. If you use them much they all going to leak at some point. Busted boot on the side with beaver stick, leaky seam at knee/crotch area/top of boot. Thats why they make aqua seal. If it was me Id buy lacrosse and save some money. I own 4 pair of lacrosse and they all have leaked at some point but thats because I use them.

True satatement, the only pair of waders that wont leak are the ones that stay in the closet or storage. Have a friend who constantly brags about his redhead brand but hes a weeknd warrior who only hunts after deer season and his hunt consists of walking about 100 yards down a cleared path, throwing out a few decoys and sitting in a blind. Not the ideal scenario for most hunters and what wader would leak in that situation.
lou_01
hunter

Previous

Return to Hunting Gear Forum