Clinton WMA

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Clinton WMA

Postby RyanWalter » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:32 pm

Hey guys I'm new to the boards and new to Lawrence, Kansas. I apologize for my first post not being duck-specific. Does anyone know where I can find a map of the public hunting land around Lake Clinton? Where I lived before the Department of Natural Resources had all of the public hunting land in the state mapped out online. I'm having a hard time finding a map for the hunting areas around Clinton. I have found the marshes for duck hunting (that were dry when I scouted them this fall). Basically I want to start looking for areas for Spring Turkey, and I know I haven't found all of the land yet.

Any help or links to a map of Clinton WMA would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
RyanWalter
hunter

Re: Clinton WMA

Postby TomKat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:38 pm

Yes, I do know where you can find that map.

I would reccomend you go back to the KDWPT web site and spend some more time looking. Its all there, and its incumbent on YOU, the requestor, to apply some effort.

Good luck and welcome to the boards.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby RyanWalter » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:19 pm

Thank you, Tom Kat. Found it. Was under the most ridiculous topic heading. Sort of like clicking on flooring on homedepot's website if looking for plumbing.
RyanWalter
hunter

Postby TomKat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:28 pm

No problem. Hope you get a big gobbler-
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby quackattack1991 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:42 pm

Ryan, I went to KU and did some hunting around the Clinton area. There are a lot of good areas at Clinton for all sorts of wildlife. Wetlands, River bottoms, woods, etc. My recommendations for Turkey would be to rent or borrow a canoe from someone and cruise down the river off the southwest side of the lake. That should provide your best chance to get on some gobblers.
2012-2013 Season

Looking forward to it
quackattack1991
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting