Road trip to NE AR

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

Road trip to NE AR

Postby ed m » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:29 pm

i'll be coming to trumann, staying in Jonesboro this weekend jan 5th for a hunt next week, can anyone let me in on a decent local gun, bait and tackle shop other than walmart, i'll be needing shells and license.

nothing more i hate than tourists spending their dollars at the local walmart so they can send it to china...

ed
ed m
hunter

Re: Road trip to NE AR

Postby whisperin' duck » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:32 pm

ed m wrote:i'll be coming to trumann, staying in Jonesboro this weekend jan 5th for a hunt next week, can anyone let me in on a decent local gun, bait and tackle shop other than walmart, i'll be needing shells and license.

nothing more i hate than tourists spending their dollars at the local walmart so they can send it to china...

ed

I don't know of any bait stores in Alaska. I know there are a few good hunting shops in Jonesboro ARthough. Try DNW outdoors on Parker Rd. :hi: Good luck!
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby steve-o » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:55 pm

whisperin' duck wrote:
ed m wrote:i'll be coming to trumann, staying in Jonesboro this weekend jan 5th for a hunt next week, can anyone let me in on a decent local gun, bait and tackle shop other than walmart, i'll be needing shells and license.

ed

I don't know of any bait stores in Alaska. I know there are a few good hunting shops in Jonesboro ARthough. Try DNW outdoors on Parker Rd. :hi: Good luck!

What are you talking about WD look like ARkansas to me :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ed m » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:04 pm

are they open on sunday? ill check them out, any other mom and pop type shops?
ed m
hunter

Postby cannon » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:06 pm

ed m wrote:are they open on sunday? ill check them out, any other mom and pop type shops?

"Ed M.," huh? Sounds like an "Edward M.H.," to me, and only the son of a Baptist preacher would have a name like that.

DNW first, on Parker Drive, just off 64 Bypass, then Hawk's, half a quarter North of the Bypass on Caraway.

Check user's posts, bro. Sometimes avatar pic's are deceiving. Recognize this guy?

Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby cannon » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:10 pm

whisperin' duck wrote:

ed

Prolly not gonna want to haze this guy too much. He'll be hunting in your back yard . . . literally . . . with your old pal Gibby. I've heard great things about his guide.
cannon
hunter

Postby ed m » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:39 am

cannon,
not 100% sure i'm following you, my old mans a plumber from delaware, although i'll be travelin with a son of a preacher man, i'm 99% hes the one your thinking of, hes passed some pics on to me and your buddy there was in one or two, although i was too busy countin green heads to know for sure. if so, well see you sunday, i'm lookin forward to a good week, ducks or not
ed m
hunter

Postby cannon » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:31 am

ed m wrote:cannon,
not 100% sure i'm following you, my old mans a plumber from delaware, although i'll be travelin with a son of a preacher man, i'm 99% hes the one your thinking of, hes passed some pics on to me and your buddy there was in one or two, although i was too busy countin green heads to know for sure. if so, well see you sunday, i'm lookin forward to a good week, ducks or not

Yeah, it's MEH, not EMH. Oh well, tell Harmon I'll see him next week.
cannon
hunter

Postby cannon » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:04 pm

Dang It! I just realized that your boy's middle initial is "R". His brother's initials are MEH. He would be MRH. I might be an idiot.
cannon
hunter

Road trip to NE AR

Postby whisperin' duck » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:05 pm

steve-o wrote:
whisperin' duck wrote:

ed

He changed it from AK to AR!
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Road trip to NE AR

Postby whisperin' duck » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:08 pm

cannon wrote:
whisperin' duck wrote:

ed

Prolly not gonna want to haze this guy too much. He'll be hunting in your back yard . . . literally . . . with your old pal Gibby. I've heard great things about his guide.

In due fairness my backyard won't hold the pit ya'll will be in! But I catch what you're throwin'!!! I hope y'all slay 'em! Wish I could join ya but work and a child beckons my attention
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mannon05 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:41 pm

Good evening boys and Happy New Year. Cannon, looking forward to seeing you and Todd in a few days. Save a couple of ducks for me and my Delaware buddies.
mannon05
Newb

Postby cannon » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:58 pm

mannon05 wrote:Good evening boys and Happy New Year. Cannon, looking forward to seeing you and Todd in a few days. Save a couple of ducks for me and my Delaware buddies.

Like I said, avatar pics can be deceiving. I just knew for sure that was you, then I remembered it was Roy, not Edward. Has been a while.

You guys be careful on the way down. See the t-Minus thread on this board for a fairly straight breakdown on how it's been thus far.
cannon
hunter

Road trip to NE AR

Postby steve-o » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:22 pm

whisperin' duck wrote:
steve-o wrote:
whisperin' duck wrote:

ed

LOL. I did.
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby whisperin' duck » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:35 pm

steve-o wrote:
whisperin' duck wrote:
steve-o wrote:
whisperin' duck wrote:

ed

LOL. I did.

Dang you! You made me look like a fool! :lol3: wait, I didn't need any help :clapping: :clapping:
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:46 am

Hawk's and DNW are in Jonesboro. DNW is right down the road from the Scottish Inn.
There's also a store called Academy Sports and Outdoors. I like that one.
2800 Parkwood Road
Jonesboro, Ar. 72401
870-910-6100

I got camp fuel there for a lot cheaper than anywhere else I could find.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby JoeFish » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:58 pm

aunt betty wrote:Hawk's and DNW are in Jonesboro. DNW is right down the road from the Scottish Inn.
There's also a store called Academy Sports and Outdoors. I like that one.
2800 Parkwood Road
Jonesboro, Ar. 72401
870-910-6100

I got camp fuel there for a lot cheaper than anywhere else I could find.

Also a place down the 63 bypass in Bono, Ar.

Nice folks.
JoeFish
hunter

Postby ed m » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:07 pm

thanks for the suggestions, ended up getting license at acadamy Sun, only place open.
drooled all over DNW, you arkansas boys got it made that store has everything, now any tips where the birds are? hehe
ed m
hunter

Postby whisperin' duck » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:20 am

ed m wrote:thanks for the suggestions, ended up getting license at acadamy Sun, only place open.
drooled all over DNW, you arkansas boys got it made that store has everything, now any tips where the birds are? hehe

Yea, head south down culberhouse rd. off of Parker rd. turn left into Craighead Forrest Park. Enjoy... :thumbsup:
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ed m » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:14 pm

cool, do they enforce the 5mph boat limit this time of the year?

all kidding aside, We have had a great time out here, all the "damn locals" have been more than generous, and shown the southern hospitality we were hoping for. hopefully we extended the same curtosies.
ed m
hunter

Postby JoeFish » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:35 pm

All these NEA rednecks (me being one of them) have sense although we dont show it all the time. Momma always told us to be nice and most of us do.
JoeFish
hunter

Postby cannon » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:10 pm

Those Delaware boys made out just fine. They even brought a few blue bills with 'em. Blue bills in a rice field . . . how splendidly retarded is that?

cannon
hunter

Postby rabbitdundied » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:20 pm

Nice hunt guys
rabbitdundied
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting