Dec pics

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

Dec pics

Postby Edge » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:56 pm

Here are a few pics from Dec, I will have a bunch more at the end of Jan. Hunting waqs slow and hard as we have not had the big push yet and water is still low.

Edge
hunter

Re: Dec pics

Postby whisperin' duck » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:46 pm

Good looking pics. I wish I coulda made it out in the snow! :thumbsup:
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby AR Dave » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:53 am

whisperin' duck wrote:Good looking pics. I wish I coulda made it out in the snow! :thumbsup:

It was a beautiful day except it wasn't worth a flip for duck hunting. 18 degs, day after Christmas, and birds were not flying. Snow did raise water level in my swamp though. I was told to divide inches of snow, by 10, to calculate water.

Nice pictures!
AR Dave
hunter

Postby Edge » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:03 am

Where were you, we had over 2000 birds in our hole before 10.
Edge
hunter

Postby AR Dave » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:48 am

Wow that must've been something to see with the snow background! The birds were hunkered down from Morrilton to Dardanelle. :smile: We were so excited to get into our best hole, then got skunked, because everything froze up and they didn't come back to see our hole was open. Cell Phones were burning up with everyone asking if anyone had seen ducks. :lol3: We found them bunched up on open water at Hollabend WMA. Not complaining - this has been our best year in a long time, mostly Gadwall. We just got faked out, because this 100 acre flooded hole had been loaded the day before. Always learning.
AR Dave
hunter

Postby Edge » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:03 am

we were up near DD off the Black River, I couldn't use my usual landing because of ice and had to go to plan B which is pretty public, but there were a lot of limits shot that day, then the next day nothing.
Edge
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting