Late Season Geese!!

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

Late Season Geese!!

Postby 1080tommy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:39 am

I was going to call it at the end of the duck season but my buddy talked me into going out one more time. We got out and the river was iced up pretty good but passable. There was about an inch to three inches of ice depending on where you were at. We did wind up getting some action and I have gotten way better with my gun. Although I have been more patient and allowing the birds to get in closer. I did this video and the birds were way closer than they looked and I just wish the camera angle really showed how close they were. Great to get out one more time this year and am already thinking of next year. Hope everybody had a good Christmas and New Year! Check out the vid.

1080tommy
hunter

Re: Late Season Geese!!

Postby 1080tommy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:01 am

I was just thinking I should have put this in the goose hunting forum. If this is a problem, maybe a mod could move it for me. Thanks.
1080tommy
hunter

Late Season Geese!!

Postby jaysweet3 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:20 pm

That's cool man. Kill em all.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby deathranger333 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:41 pm

Nice vid. :thumbsup:
"I guarantee zero. Anything after that is a bonus." Jimbo from RNT
deathranger333
hunter

Postby BEDB » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:04 pm

Is the fox river pretty shallow or is it fairly easy to navigate?
Flocked Wear Field Staff
Bring 'em Down Boys Pro Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Postby FoxRiverHunter » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:08 pm

@ BEDB , the river between blinds 9-13 in Oswego to yorkville vary in depths from anckle to waist ( I walk in). The only launch was froze up as of Tuesday night.

Thousands of geese roost on the rock quarry and feed at all the fields around the blinds.( man I really wish some of the farmers around here would let a guy hunt their field).I've hunted over 60 day this season and got lucky and pulled one goose from a flock in early season . As for duck season I only harvested 17 out of about 40 days of hard hunting . The ducks all showed up at once around Dec 20 and was landing with my geese decoy in groups of about fifty (got some good footage). ! Good luck everyone and be safe !
FoxRiverHunter
hunter

Postby BEDB » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:25 pm

FoxRiverHunter wrote:@ BEDB , the river between blinds 9-13 in Oswego to yorkville vary in depths from anckle to waist ( I walk in). The only launch was froze up as of Tuesday night.

Thousands of geese roost on the rock quarry and feed at all the fields around the blinds.( man I really wish some of the farmers around here would let a guy hunt their field).I've hunted over 60 day this season and got lucky and pulled one goose from a flock in early season . As for duck season I only harvested 17 out of about 40 days of hard hunting . The ducks all showed up at once around Dec 20 and was landing with my geese decoy in groups of about fifty (got some good footage). ! Good luck everyone and be safe !

Thanks. I actually knocked on a few doors in sycamore when i was up that way and ended up gettin permission. The number of geese up there is crazy. The general consensus was that they dont like letting city boys hunt. A couple different people i talked to up that way said that they had bad experiences letting guys from the city hunt. Leaving trash behind, no respect, etc.
Flocked Wear Field Staff
Bring 'em Down Boys Pro Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting