Del Bay Hunt 1/2/13

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Del Bay Hunt 1/2/13

Postby TheWanderer » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:11 pm

I hunted out of Port Norris n the Del Bay today. Not much going on. Few old squaw around with little shooting. Most of what I saw was buzzing me while I laid out the decoys.

Got out late bec I had to wait for the babysitter to come over before I could leave. Started to get rough about 12:30 so I wasn't out for long. My boat is only good for calm water on the bay.

Met a nice guy in a blue pick up who was hunting the tidal creeks afterwards and filled me in that the NW winds can get rough which I now know for sure.

Initially I was going to launch from Matts Landing road and I googled the marinas the night before but didn't see any marina links or news but all the roads to that area are closed. Heard today that they got hit hard by the hurricane.

I shot some film from the new Contour Roam POV camera I have. No kills today but I'm including it because I really like this camera. If anyone else does some filming this is about perfect for hunting with the big button that makes it easy on/off. --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6NCXdY7 ... r_embedded

I'm thinking of going back to the Del Bay or coastal side anywhere between Forsythe and OC either on the 8th or 11th depending on weather conditions and wind. If anyone would like to join I've yet to meet up and hunt with anyone from here.
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted
TheWanderer
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting