Midwestern Beatdown - photodump in progress ...

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Re: Midwestern Beatdown - photodump in progress ...

Postby Crazy Matt » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:37 am

whistlin_wings wrote:Birds are to mesmerized by all my mojos brah to even notice me

:lol3: :lol3: Swarm stick.
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby Texan1554 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:42 am

Looks awesome man, congrats on the successful trip.
Texan1554
hunter

Postby Crazy Matt » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:47 am

Well look who decided to join the party... :yes:
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby Pouledeau » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:21 am

Crazy Matt wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Birds are to mesmerized by all my mojos brah to even notice me

Normally where we hunted I'd say that's all you need ... but I wanted to SHOOT the spinners on this trip most of the time. On the positive side of things ... I think most of our group had been dreaming about snow and greenheads for a few years. Finally got em! Way better than a white Christmas ...
Attachments
Green & White_2.JPG
Green & White.JPG
Pouledeau
hunter

Postby Texan1554 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:54 am

Crazy Matt wrote:Well look who decided to join the party... :yes:

You know, just makin the rounds.
Texan1554
hunter

Postby Texan1554 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:56 am

Pouledeau wrote:
Crazy Matt wrote:

Normally where we hunted I'd say that's all you need ... but I wanted to SHOOT the spinners on this trip most of the time. On the positive side of things ... I think most of our group had been dreaming about snow and greenheads for a few years. Finally got em! Way better than a white Christmas ...

Ya I don't care who ya are, trips like that don't happen every day. You can plan and plan and go to the best waterfowl grounds in the world and not have 4-5 days of solid killin. When the stars align, it is a wonderful thing.
Texan1554
hunter

Postby Pouledeau » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:09 am

Texan1554 wrote:
Pouledeau wrote:
Crazy Matt wrote:

Ya I don't care who ya are, trips like that don't happen every day. You can plan and plan and go to the best waterfowl grounds in the world and not have 4-5 days of solid killin. When the stars align, it is a wonderful thing.

Plan your trip around the moon phase and make local friends who call you when the swarms show up and it happens every time ... ! :biggrin:
Pouledeau
hunter

Postby mojo4478 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:06 pm

Ive been watching these guys post on 2cool and here. They dont find birds themselves but pay outfitters to. They use Outfitters on all those hunts. I would never give the outfitters info away due to respect to them
mojo4478
hunter

Postby Mojo281 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:37 pm

^ You must have missed this post partner... If you know who we hunted with go ahead and call them and they will tell you the same!

I put this trip together last March when asked what weekends we want to visit. There is no coincidence that the birds just showed up the same week we traveled!

Mojo281 wrote:
Trophyducks wrote:So did you freelance or go with an outfitter?

We have friends who run outfitting businesses in multiple states that we visit each year. We cover their cost and put in the work as if we are freelancing. We scout if needed, knock on doors, put out the spread, grass blinds, bring dogs, bring whatever equipment they need us to, use their decoys, and occasionally hunt their spots if they are holding birds.

We get first crack at their hunting schedules bc they enjoy us coming up and they get to hunt with friends for a change. Every year they make a statement like, "We forgot what it's like to hunt with guys that put in the work, can call, and can shoot lights out!" It's a pretty good gig!!
Make em hate it!!
Mojo281
hunter

Postby mojo4478 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:44 pm

I do know them, hence why I am not posting their names. Also, they laughed about "knocking on doors", etc. They put you on birds and would put amateur hunters on birds. Anyways just clearing that up. Im done posting.
mojo4478
hunter

Postby Crazy Matt » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:46 pm

:popcorn:
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby Duck Collector » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:48 pm

:welcome:
Last edited by Duck Collector on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1860 Go Devil boat draging a 35GDSD
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby Pouledeau » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:58 pm

mojo4478 wrote: ... Also, they laughed about "knocking on doors", etc. They put you on birds and would put amateur hunters on birds ...

Oh did they ... ! That's funny ... cause they weren't laughing last year when WE found the ducks. They weren't laughing when they asked US to film the hunts, they weren't laughing when they CALLED US in March ... and they certianly weren't laughing when they offered one of our crew members a JOB ...
Last edited by Pouledeau on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pouledeau
hunter

Postby mojo4478 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:04 pm

Yall paid money to go on a hunt. They scouted and found the birds. Yall may have helped, but yall were paying clients. Anyways not saying yall are bad hunters but give credit when credit is due.....if yall did all the work then why do you pay an outfitter??
mojo4478
hunter

Postby Pouledeau » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:07 pm

mojo4478 wrote:Yall paid money to go on a hunt. They scouted and found the birds. Yall may have helped, but yall were paying clients. Anyways not saying yall are bad hunters but give credit when credit is due.....if yall did all the work then why do you pay an outfitter??

We did. You just didn't read the thread, you just started a burn handle to talk **** ...

Mojo281 wrote:

We have friends who run outfitting businesses in multiple states that we visit each year. We cover their cost and put in the work as if we are freelancing. We scout if needed, knock on doors, put out the spread, grass blinds, bring dogs, bring whatever equipment they need us to, use their decoys, and occasionally hunt their spots if they are holding birds.

We get first crack at their hunting schedules bc they enjoy us coming up and they get to hunt with friends for a change. Every year they make a statement like, "We forgot what it's like to hunt with guys that put in the work, can call, and can shoot lights out!" It's a pretty good gig!!
Pouledeau
hunter

Postby mojo4478 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:11 pm

You said "we cover their cost" $300/day is not their cost
mojo4478
hunter

Postby Pouledeau » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:20 pm

And when he has 3 employees with him, it's worth every penny. What's your point? You think we just sat in the trucks drinking brandied coffee watching them work ... ?

Pffftttha ha ha ha ha ha ...
Last edited by Pouledeau on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pouledeau
hunter

Postby Mojo281 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:26 pm

mojo4478 wrote:Yall paid money to go on a hunt. They scouted and found the birds. Yall may have helped, but yall were paying clients. Anyways not saying yall are bad hunters but give credit when credit is due.....if yall did all the work then why do you pay an outfitter??

Credit comes in promoting them in the video that will get over 100,000 views on YouTube... Should be done any day!
Make em hate it!!
Mojo281
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:31 pm

Wait so you paid an outfitter what an average person who booked with them would pay to reserve the weekend but helped set out decoys and other things associated with the hunt and that's considered freelancing?

Hell I went to Lubbock and set out all the goose full bodies and silhouettes where the guide told us to and consider that a guided hunt not me freelancing.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby Pouledeau » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:38 pm

^

"as if we were free lancing", funny ... I'd have expected you'd be able to read and I'd certianly have held you to a higher standard than that ...

State Moderator = troll ... your true colors just fell around your ankles, pretty scummy way to promote the site. "Best" of luck for the remainder of the season.
Pouledeau
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:49 pm

Think what you want. I seriously believed you when your story was first posted and thought you made a journey you planned with friends and hunted multiple locations that you scouted out to make it taste that much sweeter because that's what was implied.

I've paid for multiple hunts because not everyone gets the shot at all the birds that are out there, like Canadas for me and not afraid to say I went with this guide service and they were awesome. I mean 2 weekends ago we drove around Lubbock looking for doves with the guides to hunt but consider that part of the whole guide experience. I'll never be one to show up at LST expecting the dekes to be set out and my breakfast to be made.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby WTN10 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:05 pm

Pouledeau wrote:"as if we were free lancing", funny ... I'd have expected you'd be able to read and I'd certianly have held you to a higher standard than that ...

Let's review.

Here's your first post:

Pouledeau wrote:Approximate figures are looking something like this -

2361 miles, $1,380 in diesel, 41 windshield hours, 5 inches of snow/rain, $200 in allergy/cold/flu medicine … single digit lows, highs between 16 and 24 degrees on a day to day basis, full moon, 5 days afield, 9 geese and 240 birds (90% of which were greenheads) and ONE from S. Dakota, caught in 2012 and burnt dead on the river on New Year’s Day.

Mojo281 and I have a great deal of photography and video footage to get through before you see the aftermath … but, it's coming!

Happy New Years. Gun’em hard to the finish …

No mention of a guide service doing the work for you (or with you, as you allege).

Here's your second post:

Pouledeau wrote:Approximate figures are looking something like this -

2361 miles, $1,380 in diesel, 41 windshield hours, 5 inches of snow/rain, $200 in allergy/cold/flu medicine … single digit lows, highs between 16 and 24 degrees on a day to day basis, full moon, 5 days afield, 9 geese and 240 birds (90% of which were greenheads) and ONE from S. Dakota, caught in 2012 and burnt dead on the river on New Year’s Day.

Mojo281 and I have a great deal of photography and video footage to get through before you see the aftermath … but, it's coming!

Happy New Years. Gun’em hard to the finish …

Still no guides to be found. Your date decided to join in at this point:

Mojo281 wrote:I swore I wouldn't take tail gate pics ever again, but this one from day 1 turned out pretty good...

[photograph omitted]

It was sunny and 14 degrees the second day. The mallards seemed to slide down the suns rays right into our spread!! The video footage from day 2 is unbelievable!

[photograph omitted]

Keep in mind it was a 8 day trip with 5 days of hunting... More to come!

Here's your third post, which implies that, even though you scouted hard and put in time behind the glass, it doesn't always come together:

Pouledeau wrote:Just so you guys know we're human ... we had a slow hunt the third day. I think we killed 9 birds. Just goes to shot all the scouting in the world may not help if the wind shifts bearing 90 degrees. We literally watched every bit of 50K birds fly right over us 1,000 ft too high and lock up into a field a 1/2 mile away. Every single one of them did it the day before.

By now, someone's gettin' curious... oh no, what to tell them? Try to play it off like a friend of a friend was just helping you out, and not like you paid a guide service to do this for you:

Pouledeau wrote:
Trophyducks wrote:Looks like a fun trip, who did you guys hunt with?

One of my customers has family that lives in the area we hunted, who turned us onto the information we needed to get this done - is all I'm really going to offer on that in public format, but if you watch any kind of pro-produced video, there's a good chance you've watched these guys kill ducks.

PM me with specific questions and I'll do my best to help you out.

Trophyducks, no doubt an investigator with the armed forces or possibly Batman, was not satisfied with your bullchit reply, so he re-poses the question, "for realies" this time:

Mojo281 wrote:

Your answer? More deflection. They aren't guides according to you, you just "cover their costs" and put in work as if you were freelancing. "Cover their cost" is code word for "we pay them because they are guides but that doesn't really fit with the supercool bro-story I was writing about me and my bro heading up with some other bros to freelance it like rockstars."

Then you posted up some photograph of some retard you convinced to paint his face because duck flare off of faces. That almost worked at diverting attention away from your crumbling throne of lies and half-truths.

With a potentially dangerous situation diffused, you then took to rehabilitating the narrative you'd been writing:

Pouledeau wrote:Plan your trip around the moon phase and make local friends who call you when the swarms show up and it happens every time ... ! :biggrin:

They aren't guides, they're just locals who you got in good with. Again, this trip was all you baby, with some of them, but mostly you.

Then mojo4478 showed up and took a shat on your parade. After that, you cover was blown. The ruse was discovered. Your plot was foiled. You got tattled on. Only then do you start maybe, kind of, sort of admitting that this was a guided hunt that you paid for.

Look "brah," I just went on a guided hunt where I put out decoys, helped cook, helped clean dishes, corralled dogs, brought food, called ducks, and unsuccessfully tried to kill a coyote. It was still guided though. In no way would I ever even pretend to act like it wasn't a guided hunt. The guy who took me is a friend. He calls me up and lets me know when the ducks are there. When he does, I come over, for a guided duck hunt.

Take it easy, "brah."
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby Bayou_Bowhunter » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:24 pm

Mojo- maybe if you let him know how much you paid to "cover their cost" it would answer what this guy is asking.
Bayou_Bowhunter
hunter

Postby mojo4478 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:26 pm

Exactly thats all I am saying. The outfitter has all the connections and access to the land. I could name the outfitter and the guides but I chose not to bring them into this. Those guys work hard and make sure you have great hunts. Yes yall video, yes yall are good hunters, but no this was not a public hunt and stick your chest out and brag. My mom coulda limited on green with these guides.....
mojo4478
hunter

Postby Mojo281 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:44 pm

Y'all are funny... No one ever said it wasn't guided and no one ever claimed it was on public land. I very clearly stated that we hunted with an outfitter, actually two outfitters, and we do get discounted rates! It might add up to $300 a day after paying for lodging and tip, hell I'd pay $500. I don't think you can put a price on the experience we just had...

Half of my friends here in Texas are guides... Guess that means I go on guided hunts every weekend!!

I've thought about truly freelancing this exact trip. It really wouldn't be that hard, access to birds up there comes pretty easily. I just wouldn't want to step on these guys toes, using what we've learned from hunting with them to hunt the same areas. I also figure it's better to spend 1/3 more and get an extra hunt in...
Last edited by Mojo281 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make em hate it!!
Mojo281
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Texas Duck Hunting