GREAT DAY

The eastern side of the nation has some of the best hunting. Share your West Virginia duck hunting tips, tactics, insights and information.

GREAT DAY

Postby WOODIE13 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:55 pm

We ended up with six mallards, limits were there, just our shooting wasn't :grooving: . Hunted with D40 and WVHA (who got his first duck :thumbsup: ). Can't wait for the next time :beer:

Last edited by WOODIE13 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WOODIE13
hunter

Re: GREAT DAY

Postby QuackAttack31 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:46 pm

Sounds like a good day. Most of our waters are froze which made today tuff. Plus the huge group of DU guys sky blasting at anything flying. Kinda ruined my hunt. I shot twice killed 1 mallard, there huge group probably shot 30 times or more and killed 2?????
QuackAttack31
hunter

Postby WOODIE13 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:10 pm

Too much watching Duck Dynasty (but they usually shoot pretty good, it aint sky blasting if you hit them), it is called practice :thumbsup:

Ever since the did away with the state stamp, I have seen more self proclaimed DUCK COMMANDERS than ever before, their goose call sounds like a bicycle horn, they blow the high ball all the time (must have an asbestos reeds as much as they blow them), making the waters sound like Baghdad during the initial invasion with the skyblasting, people setting right on top of you, not trying to recover cripples. It is amazing what that small price of the stamp kept off the waters. Sorry to hear brother.
WOODIE13
hunter

Postby WVHuntingAddict » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:08 pm

Had an awesome time with WOODIE and D40 YESTERDAY! My first duck hunt AND got to shoot my first duck! I'm definately hooked now!! Thank you guys for a great day, can't wait til next time!! :grooving:
WVHuntingAddict
hunter

Postby Z.herndon » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:06 pm

Woodie we need to set up a hunt here soon with these guys especially the new guy to duck hunting. I will scout around here and towards Huntington area and you cover up that way and we will find the birds. Just let me know when your buddies can go and we will set it up. I am ready to shoot some ducks I haven't killed any since the first season and I shot those to mallards with my bow. So the ol shotgun is cryin to be used. Let me know brother.
Z.herndon
hunter

Postby WOODIE13 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:31 am

Will do.
WOODIE13
hunter

Postby fultz_danNWPA » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:05 pm

Man everyone is lighting them up. Nice job. We killed 11 mallards saturday and 6 mallards and a black this morning in 15 minutes before work. The birds are here.
fultz_danNWPA
hunter

Postby WOODIE13 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:25 pm

I hear you brother, this warming up days got them spread out again, but the key is finding the pockets where they want to be and wearing them out that day (with an easy bump) or the next day at LST.

Z,
What are you doing in the morning?
WOODIE13
hunter

Return to West Virginia Duck Hunting