body booting

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

body booting

Postby Average Joe » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:40 am

Anybody know how "body booting" plays into areas with restrictive blind laws and liscencing. If you remaing within blind distance laws can you hunt in areas that require blind liscence without one since you are not in a blind?
a bad day hunting beats a good day at work everytime
Average Joe
hunter

Re: body booting

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:05 am

I have no idea what you are talking about????
What is Body Booting?
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Average Joe » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:17 am

Google and utube can best explain it but its basically standin amongst large rafts of decoy on shallower shoals were divers feed with out the aid or large footprint of a blind
Average Joe
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:26 am

What about a small layout boat?
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Average Joe » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:20 pm

I think you missed the intent of the question, layout boats are considered floating blinds therefore would fall under blind laws. Body booting does not use a blind which is why I'm wondering if restrictions still apply. Just curious if anyone has every dealt with it before. Will probable end up calling GW.
Average Joe
hunter

body booting

Postby gr8white » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:35 pm

I know body booting is done here in Maryland. To do it you have to have a licensed blind site or be in the sea duck zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gr8white
hunter

body booting

Postby gr8white » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:38 pm

gr8white wrote:I know body booting is done here in Maryland. To do it you have to have a licensed blind site(doesn't have to be a blind, just the spot needs to be licensed to stand on natural bottom) or be in the sea duck zone. Hope that helps some.

gr8white
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:35 am

Probably my favorite episode to date.
I would call the Fish and Game in your state and see if they know what you're talking about.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby ncbufflehead » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:14 pm

Average Joe wrote:Anybody know how "body booting" plays into areas with restrictive blind laws and liscencing. If you remaing within blind distance laws can you hunt in areas that require blind liscence without one since you are not in a blind?

in dare and currituck county, the only waterfowl hunting you can do is on private property unless you're in a licensed blind. don't know about pamlico or carteret
ncbufflehead
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:23 pm

Funny how everything in NY is so over regulated and yet, we don't have to license blinds etc...although in some areas (the Hamptons) it's more regulated on a town level.
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:27 pm

I can't believe all of the regulations I have heard about on this site. I couldn't imagine lottery picks for hunting a blind, hunting only on certain days of the week, or having such a short season. It makes me sad to think all you guys have to try and enjoy the sport with such laws. I haven't had to deal with them so I'm not sure if it benefits the hunters or not.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:33 pm

Jr...
Is that BS about the Panama Canal real? What's ur deal?
I'm with you with the regs.......
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby fishduck » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:03 pm

In Maryland you can bodyboot at stake blide site. I have no idea if it is legal where you are hunting. You should checks the regs for the state you are hunting in.
fishduck
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:41 pm

Slack Tide wrote:Jr...
Is that BS about the Panama Canal real? What's ur deal?
I'm with you with the regs.......

I spent 2 years in the Republic of Panama...
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting