Private land permission

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, cluckmeister, yellowlab, dukhntr

Private land permission

Postby David8 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:54 pm

Hello, I have scouted out a pond were flocks of canada geese fly into around 5 in the evening. In the morning they fly out and many land on several ponds around the first one. All the ponds are private. One of the ponds doesnt have a landowner so I asked their neighbor and she said that landowner doesnt allow hunting, but there are several other ponds I want to ask for permission on. Whats the best way to go about asking permission to hunt? Thanks.
David8
Newb

Re: Private land permission

Postby Max4Holly » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:10 pm

Deck yourself out in camo and go knock on doors, and if they say no pm me their address and I'll go ask for ya! :thumbsup:
Max4Holly
hunter

Postby KSRedleg » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:49 pm

I'd suggest in these times that you put on your best suit, borrow a BMW, and knock on their door with cash in hand. Then you might just stand a chance. :hi:
So far this year.....
10 Blonds
20 Brunettes
6 Redheads

;)
KSRedleg
hunter

Postby John O`Neal » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:05 am

David : Here is a method I have used successfully . I will find out the owners name and address and send him a letter telling him who I am and the purpose of my contact. I make a promise to the land owner if he will give consideration to allowing me to hunt I will show his property the utmost respect and always leave it in as pristine condition when as when I entered. I then indicate that I will follow up the letter with personal contact. Remember the letter is a chance to sell yourself to the landowner, to convince him that you can be trusted to be on his property . Don`t lay it on to thick, these guys are farmers they`ve been smelling bullshit their whole lives . I prefer this method to cold calling as it doesn`t force the farmer to make an on the spot decision. Good luck in your efforts .
JOHN O`NEAL
John O`Neal
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting