Need Help Please

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

Need Help Please

Postby wareagle2010 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:40 pm

I am from Alabama and am an avid duck hunter. Me and my father were thinking about planning a trip to SD for next years duck season. It is a very long trip and we are going in blind. We would like some pointers on what counties are good places to hunt and just some pointers in general. I am not asking anyone to tell me where their honey hole is, just asking for some pointers that we may need to know. Your help is greatly appreciated.
wareagle2010
Newb

Re: Need Help Please

Postby tornadochaser » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:22 am

Couple tips:
Remember to apply for the license draw.
As fall approaches, contact lodges, hotels, guides, bait shops, Game, Fish & Parks staff, etc to determine how the water levels and duck numbers look. If you just want to shoot ducks, anytime in october. For mallards, especially field hunting, first two weeks of november. Generally the. North east part of the state recieves a lot of non resident and resident pressure, but, that's where a lot of water is.

Tapatalkin on my Droid while I should be working.
tornadochaser
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting