Any Help?

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Any Help?

Postby FowlWind55 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:45 am

Hello, I've never posted on here before, but have been reading the forum quite a bit throughout the year. It's been fun reading everyone's success stories and you all seem like a bunch of great guys!

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could give me a few tips on a place to get one last hunt of the year in. We haven't been able to get out too much this year due to my son being in college and my busy work schedule. We're having a tough time finding a place to hunt this time of year, due to everthing being frozen up. We've usually hunted Utah Lake and a few of the WMA's up north. We are willing to drive, and not looking for anyone's honey holes. Just a place that we could have a chance to see a couple birds. And help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
FowlWind55
hunter

Re: Any Help?

Postby elkohalic » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:26 pm

Its hard to find spots this time of year unless you have a honey hole just about everyone who is posting up ducks has a honey hole. I would suggest rivers were there frozen mostly and wait by a spot has a opening on the ice maybe throw a few decoys in there or something other than that i dont know maybe bear river i havnt been there in a while so i dont know the conditions are there if you talk around you might find a spot or go with some buddies that have a honey hole.
The three precious metals that built america gold , silver and ...lead
elkohalic
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting