New to Conroe

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

New to Conroe

Postby millertimeUSMC » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:20 pm

Hey y'all I just moved to Conroe from N.Georgia. I'm looking to meet up with someone that wouldn't mind me tagging along if they got room. Or if anyone could even point me in the right direction or some free hunting areas. I wanna get on some ducks before the seasons over.
USMC OEF VET 09-13
Board Member/Director of Community Outreach
The Warfighter Foundation
warfighterfoundation.org
millertimeUSMC
hunter

Re: New to Conroe

Postby honestcharlie56 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:22 pm

hey bud,

I'll pm ya my number, I'm new here to houston as well. People don't like the "new to houston people" here so we gotta stick together.
honestcharlie56
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:35 pm

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/

Thats one of your best friends, find out the number to the game warden in the area you will be in and give him a call. He can help y'all and point in you in the right direction. If you plan on being on here long DON'T come in with a attitude, these guys can be your best friends when it comes to figuring stuff out for your area. However, we do have a LOT of guys that post 10 post and all of them are asking for spots. Good luck fellas!!
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby millertimeUSMC » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:14 pm

Yea I appreciate all the responses and PMs! Have a lot of guys helping me out. I'm a Marine vet I don't expect things to be handed to me like spots but got some good ideas of locations and where not to waste my time. So thanks again everyone!
USMC OEF VET 09-13
warfighterfoundation.org
millertimeUSMC
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:53 pm

millertimeUSMC wrote:Yea I appreciate all the responses and PMs! Have a lot of guys helping me out. I'm a Marine vet I don't expect things to be handed to me like spots but got some good ideas of locations and where not to waste my time. So thanks again everyone!

I see your from GA? I was raised right outside of helen Ga, you have got to love North East Georgia
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby millertimeUSMC » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:43 pm

stumpjumper1590 wrote:
millertimeUSMC wrote:Yea I appreciate all the responses and PMs! Have a lot of guys helping me out. I'm a Marine vet I don't expect things to be handed to me like spots but got some good ideas of locations and where not to waste my time. So thanks again everyone!

I see your from GA? I was raised right outside of helen Ga, you have got to love North East Georgia

Helen is GORGEOUS!
Im from Paulding County about 35 outside of ATL
USMC OEF VET 09-13
warfighterfoundation.org
millertimeUSMC
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:32 am

I have been to seven different country's and twenty-three states and know where touches my heart like that place. Texas is a very, very strong second with Alaska following close behind that. You have turkey, deer, hogs, bear, trout streams, lakes and so much more, BUT the duck hunting doesnt really exist up there. Glad I lived there, but really glad that I will be on the Texas coast come may. It honestly cant come fast enough!

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby millertimeUSMC » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:38 pm

stumpjumper1590 wrote:I have been to seven different country's and twenty-three states and know where touches my heart like that place. Texas is a very, very strong second with Alaska following close behind that. You have turkey, deer, hogs, bear, trout streams, lakes and so much more, BUT the duck hunting doesnt really exist up there. Glad I lived there, but really glad that I will be on the Texas coast come may. It honestly cant come fast enough!

I've had my share of traveling the US and the whole world nothing like the South though man and Georgia is amazing. Maybe move back there one day but right now got some good opportunity to make some good money out here. Texas is nice also I was born here and visited a lot but this is my actual first time living here.
USMC OEF VET 09-13
warfighterfoundation.org
millertimeUSMC
hunter

Postby Crazy Matt » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:38 pm

Georgia....nice? You guys obviously haven't been on the MARTA after midnight. :lol3:
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby millertimeUSMC » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:34 pm

Crazy Matt wrote:Georgia....nice? You guys obviously haven't been on the MARTA after midnight. :lol3:

Id say what we locals call Marta but I think I might get banned haha
USMC OEF VET 09-13
warfighterfoundation.org
millertimeUSMC
hunter

Postby Crazy Matt » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:45 am

millertimeUSMC wrote:
Crazy Matt wrote:Georgia....nice? You guys obviously haven't been on the MARTA after midnight. :lol3:

Moving afros rapidly through Atlanta.
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby millertimeUSMC » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:02 am

Crazy Matt wrote:
millertimeUSMC wrote:

Moving afros rapidly through Atlanta.

That'll work ha
USMC OEF VET 09-13
warfighterfoundation.org
millertimeUSMC
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting