Big C - Blue Bills

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

Big C - Blue Bills

Postby ScaupHunter » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:20 pm

I put together three separate hunts with DHC members for Sat, Sun, and Monday this weekend. Two guys from DHC' Washington forum came out to hunt today. Puddlers were everywhere in the early morning, we got a pintail and that was it. Around 9:00 I called it and headed out to show them some of our spectacular Blue Bill hunting. We had fours small groups work the decoys while we were setting them out. We had a few more work and some and land while we were putting the blind up. Once we were set in we had various sized flights working every 5 to 10 minutes. The pictures tell the rest of the story.

We ended the day with a pintail, two buffies, and 18 blue bills. I am headed back out with two other DHC members to hammer on them again tomorrow.

Bella and Jordan -

Mitch and Clay

Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Re: Big C - Blue Bills

Postby QH's Paw » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:24 am

Good to see someone is getting into them while I'm stuck working.
I hunted not far from the ramp you're at in the pic on Tuesday. I set up for puddlers and figured I'd hunt bills to finish off anyroom left in my bag. I limited in 45 minutes while puddler hunting.
My bag was 2 widgeon and 5 bills, go figure.
How's Bella doing?
Save a Salmonid, shoot a sawbill
QH's Paw
hunter

Re: Big C - Blue Bills

Postby ScaupHunter » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:48 pm

She is getting better all the time. She was really wound up today and wanted to retrieve but did not want to bail off the boat into deep water in the main river. She is doing water retrieves with her longest being 50 yards so far.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting