Anybody up for a hunt before the season goes out?

The eastern side of the nation has some of the best hunting. Share your West Virginia duck hunting tips, tactics, insights and information.

Anybody up for a hunt before the season goes out?

Postby Z.herndon » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:20 am

I am trying to get a hunt set up before the season goes out. I haven't been able to hunt at all this season. I am a diehard duck hunter but work and my wife and kids have kept me from hunting so far. I am in charleston and I am rising to get a few hunts in. If anybody out there wants add another hunter and a caller to their hunt just let me know. And WOODIE give me a call and we can try to get a couple of guys together and may e get on some more pintails.
Z.herndon
hunter

Re: Anybody up for a hunt before the season goes out?

Postby WVClaysandBassin » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:42 am

Would defi itely like to get together for a hunt, but Im new to the sport this year. I have been hunting with a couple more experienced guys so Ive been learning the right way. But I dont have a boat and just a few decoys. If youve got room for a new guy Id love to get with you and Woodie, Ive killed some birds this year so Im not useless haha. Let me know time and day ad Ill check my work schedule.
Waterfowling is truly an addiction.
WVClaysandBassin
hunter

Re: Anybody up for a hunt before the season goes out?

Postby WOODIE13 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:14 pm

Hope to get on something, they are not flying at all here, got out with a buddy this morning before work, one mallard and two geese. Did see a tundra swan, called it in to within 25 yds in the air, only if there were a season here, very slow morning, need some serious cold.
WOODIE13
hunter

Return to West Virginia Duck Hunting