Cooper. Wright Patman lakes

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Cooper. Wright Patman lakes

Postby spanhanks » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:53 pm

Any mallards in the areas mentioned. Don't need names just if there are ducks in area. Plan on hunting coming weekend some where. Was hoping to go to Oklahoma but not hearing anything worth the drive. Brother had good hunts in Bayou Meto week ago but not wanting to fight crouds. Thanks CZS
spanhanks
Newb

Re: Cooper. Wright Patman lakes

Postby Mojo281 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:46 pm

Make em hate it!!
Mojo281
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:04 am

Both lakes are shot out.. No ducks left.
"keep the lord in your heart, and keep your powder dry..." chris knight
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby spanhanks » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:18 pm

Thanks, Going to take my crappie gear and visit Fork one day. I'll probably visit all of them anyway. Tired of chasing the same bunch of ducks on Rayburn.
spanhanks
Newb

Postby Hogslayer6 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:20 am

yea man mallards are there look towards the maud area in the marshes if it hasnt dried up yet.

as for the anti lake naming cult, you want exclusivness hunt private land, specifically talking about patman it doesnt matter if you give the name or not there is 100 million duck hunters that hunt patman so there is someone who knows about "your" spot on public land. If you guys have truly put the work in that you say you have you would have back up spots already pegged.

Waterfowling - the sport where we will lie, cheat, steal for a bird that may or may not even pay attention to anything we do and if he does we can still only kill 6
Hogslayer6
hunter

Postby Crazy Matt » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:15 pm

Hogslayer6 wrote:yea man mallards are there look towards the maud area in the marshes if it hasnt dried up yet.

as for the anti lake naming cult, you want exclusivness hunt private land, specifically talking about patman it doesnt matter if you give the name or not there is 100 million duck hunters that hunt patman so there is someone who knows about "your" spot on public land. If you guys have truly put the work in that you say you have you would have back up spots already pegged.

Waterfowling - the sport where we will lie, cheat, steal for a bird that may or may not even pay attention to anything we do and if he does we can still only kill 6

I just read all your posts, all of which are asking for spots or lake names. :lol3:
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:50 pm

Crazy Matt wrote:
Hogslayer6 wrote:yea man mallards are there look towards the maud area in the marshes if it hasnt dried up yet.

I just read all your posts, all of which are asking for spots or lake names. :lol3:

:eek:
BOOM!! Cats out of the bag....
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby Bayou_Bowhunter » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:44 pm

Mojo281 wrote:http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=213500

HAHAHAHA I took the bait and clicked the link. Good one!
Bayou_Bowhunter
hunter

Postby Hogslayer6 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:29 am

As you should have mostly regarding snow geese in central Texas. Because as crazy as it sounds i would thought some fellow waterfowlers could hook a brother up maybe not with exact locals but a good starting point. What i found was a bunch of fools who make themselves look big on the internet because they kill a few ducks a year. Guys who would rather let a fellow hunter waste countless hours searching and fighting crowds the actually enjoy duck hunting, most likely even when they themselves wont be hunting a particular lake anyway. Even if they were, if they could live up to the legends they made up for themselves they would have another spot to hunt, because they know its a public lake and they would know that no spot is exclusive and they wouldnt be afraid to get up early and beat the crowds. But hey, all that talk is crazy who would do something like that...
Hogslayer6
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:56 am

Hogslayer6 wrote:As you should have mostly regarding snow geese in central Texas. Because as crazy as it sounds i would thought some fellow waterfowlers could hook a brother up maybe not with exact locals but a good starting point. What i found was a bunch of fools who make themselves look big on the internet because they kill a few ducks a year. Guys who would rather let a fellow hunter waste countless hours searching and fighting crowds the actually enjoy duck hunting, most likely even when they themselves wont be hunting a particular lake anyway. Even if they were, if they could live up to the legends they made up for themselves they would have another spot to hunt, because they know its a public lake and they would know that no spot is exclusive and they wouldnt be afraid to get up early and beat the crowds. But hey, all that talk is crazy who would do something like that...

Gettin there super early and busting your butt to find the birds all goes down the toilet when some idiots sets up 30 yards from you 20 min before lst. Kinda hard to move to the back up location at that point! Use ur head boss! I don't mind helping a guy out who helps himself, but tossing lake names out there only hurts the guy posting in the end. If u look at the bottom of the screen u will see there are way more more "guests" viewing this forum than members! Sometimes even several hundred barney's looking for a handout. If you want info get it through Pm's man! That's the proper way to go about it!
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby Crazy Matt » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:48 am

I see 5 guests lurking now...I SEE YOU ALL!

Gonna let this one die down now.
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:22 am

I don't even get to hunt TX until next season and this chit drives me nuts! If you had a bar where you could take home a smokin hot chick every night you went would you tell a bunch of random guys? Even though that bar is public and you hope that everyone is getting layed you still dont want your honey hole "pun intended" to turn into a sausage fest would you? However you would still bring a couple of your friends and people you know. Dont jump onto this site going please, please, please tell me where the ducks are PWEASEEEEEE. Get on here get to know some people enjoy the site for what it was made for and get out and put miles on your truck and gas in you boat like everyone else. :welcome:
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:23 am

OR!!! Go ask in the honey hole there is a TON of guys in there that hand out lake names and info like candy to kids on Halloween. :thumbsup:
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby KaceyDucks » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:07 am

Crazy Matt wrote:

LOLOLOL
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants." -- Thomas Jefferson
KaceyDucks
hunter

Postby bjepsen85 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:28 pm

LOADED
bjepsen85
hunter

Postby Pouledeau » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:19 pm

Hogslayer6 wrote:As you should have mostly regarding snow geese in central Texas. Because as crazy as it sounds i would thought some fellow waterfowlers could hook a brother up maybe not with exact locals but a good starting point. What i found was a bunch of fools who make themselves look big on the internet because they kill a few ducks a year. Guys who would rather let a fellow hunter waste countless hours searching and fighting crowds the actually enjoy duck hunting, most likely even when they themselves wont be hunting a particular lake anyway. Even if they were, if they could live up to the legends they made up for themselves they would have another spot to hunt, because they know its a public lake and they would know that no spot is exclusive and they wouldnt be afraid to get up early and beat the crowds. But hey, all that talk is crazy who would do something like that...

What are you high ... ? If you've "got it all figured out" why can't you find birds.

This reads like nothing more than YOU asked the wrong question and got your hand slapped. We're ALL willing to give starting points.
Pouledeau
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting