Snow goose spread

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

Snow goose spread

Postby soillduck » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:15 pm

Alright so i have about 8 dz shells, my buddy has 200 socks and another friend has a lot more socks. My question is what else should i add to our spread? I am making a vortex machine this weekend and thought about making some flyers also. But havent decided how to make the flyers. What else should we add to our spread? Any advice will help, thank you!! :thumbsup:
soillduck
hunter

Re: Snow goose spread

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:48 am

Goose magnets work pretty good. Usually around 1000+ total decoys and you can't go wrong. I always used to use rags, silos, magnets and shells. I have been adding full bodies when the budget will allow.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby tornadochaser » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:38 am

Fliers and vortex machines are good tools to have in the arsenal, but don't get stuck on the notion that you have to use them. If you feel you have enough decoys, it's time to start replacing your worst quality dekes. Also, investing in conceilment, good white camo, good low profile layout blind, and a ghille blanket so you can hide in any situation. Also e-caller. Clear sounds at volume are important.

Tapatalkin on my Droid while I should be working.
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby Wobbling Wings Waterfowling » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:42 pm

Tornado... What CD do you recommend buying to run sounds off of? Snows on the Prairie.. Snow Bait? Any sugestionss..?
Wobbling Wings Waterfowling
hunter

Postby tornadochaser » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:56 pm

I have about 5 different "albums" of snow goose sounds. I use snow bait, snow reaper, snows on the prairie (the newer ones) and i've also mixed tracks from those into custom tracks. I don't know that any one track is any better than the other, the key is no distortion.

Tapatalkin on my Droid while I should be working.
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby Wobbling Wings Waterfowling » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:34 pm

Alright, thankyou buddy!! :thumbsup:

Wobbling Wings Waterfowling
hunter

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum