sea isle boat ramp

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

sea isle boat ramp

Postby Tr1ggerHappy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:00 pm

Ive hunted sea isle for years but always will a kayak and put in off the parkway. Since this year I have been hunting with my new boat i was wondering if there is a fee for the municipal ramp in sea isle right by the bridge. If there is do you know how much? Looking maybe to hunt there for last days of coastal.
Tr1ggerHappy
hunter

Re: sea isle boat ramp

Postby FowlHooked » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:57 am

U wont get charged this time of yr. Just watch out for the ramp nazi bi@#h in summer
Fowl Hooked Waterfowling on Facebook
FowlHooked
hunter

Postby bayside » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:17 am

Police can be ballbreakers about trailer lites too. :no: Guess something has got to keep them awake during the dark months. What a creampuff job!
bayside
hunter

Postby jerseydutch » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:30 am

My buddy is a Sea Isle cop. He won't bust your balls but will probably talk about hunting for a while. Granted he is only one of two who hunt ducks in the department so I can't speak for the rest of 'em.
jerseydutch
hunter

Postby Tr1ggerHappy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:15 pm

thanks for the replies!
Tr1ggerHappy
hunter

Postby bayside » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:21 pm

JD,
Good reply. Thought about my post during the day. I was probably a little quick on the trigger to paint with too broad a brush(whew...mixed metaphors!). Mostly tho, they do have a job to do and if trailer lites are not functioning properly it can pose a hazard to the public and really mostly I worry about someone rear ending my rig. But that salt really reeks havoc on trailer wiring/lites no matter how diligent you care for them.
bayside
hunter

Postby bayside » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:23 pm

Really wanted to tell triggerhappy there are also ramps up at whale creek and in strathmere depending on where u plan to hunt. Was really crowded out there last weekend.
bayside
hunter

Postby DrakeH2oFowl » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:48 pm

bayside wrote:Really wanted to tell triggerhappy there are also ramps up at whale creek and in strathmere depending on where u plan to hunt. Was really crowded out there last weekend.

Hit or miss at whale creek. Either a zoo or you have the place to yourself. Just don't be the guy that cuts the first bend and starts churning mud, swing wide.
DrakeH2oFowl
hunter

Postby Duck Slayer424 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:50 pm

bayside wrote: But that salt really reeks havoc on trailer wiring/lites no matter how diligent you care for them.

Not me I Solder all connections use shrink tube filled with plenty of dielectric grease and sealed LED's only corrosion I have is where the 4 pin meets the truck but connector cleaner and wire brush and dielectric fix that twice a year
Duck Slayer424
hunter

Postby Tr1ggerHappy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:09 am

Thanks for the information. Whale creek is a spot i will definitely check out during the day just because im not too familiar with the area. A little more familiar with the area by the bridge. I will let you know how I do im trying to head out tomorrow.
Tr1ggerHappy
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting