Good layout blind?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Good layout blind?

Postby Duckslayer26 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:53 am

Im looking for a good layout blind and have read alot of reviews about Avery, Final Approach, & Redhead. Its a tough decision to make without being able to go out and sit in one but I dont have that luxury. I know at Bass Pro they would be a fortune and it would be a waste of gas as well. What are yalls opinions? I was looking into the FA Express Layout Blind but not 100% sure. I need one thats gona be roomy so I can have my shotgun in it at least and maybe some gear, and east to setup and take down.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Re: Good layout blind?

Postby Wnykahrman » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:21 am

I love my goosebuster lp. Plenty of room for gun and gear
Wnykahrman
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:42 pm

Wnykahrman wrote:I love my goosebuster lp. Plenty of room for gun and gear

how easy is it to put together/take apart & how does the material hold up?
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:25 pm

Cabela's ultimate all the way. It's the most comfortable layout I've ever used. Easy to put up, durable, waterproof in up to 10" or something like that and hides well. I have tried several others and none come close to it imo.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:33 pm

rebelp74 wrote:Cabela's ultimate all the way. It's the most comfortable layout I've ever used. Easy to put up, durable, waterproof in up to 10" or something like that and hides well. I have tried several others and none come close to it imo.

It's on sale at Cabela's right now too...something like 80 bucks off normal price...which would put it right about where it should be compared to any other blind price out there...
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:33 pm

Agreed, if it ain't on sale don't buy it.
Indaswamp wrote:

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:20 pm

The Ultimate doesnt come in a camo pattern, it just comes in brown. Thats the only problem.
Last edited by Duckslayer26 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:24 pm

They are sold out of the camo right now. The brown works fine you just put grass or what ever vegetation is around you on it and you're good to go.
Indaswamp wrote:

Dat's what She said....

rebelp74
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:31 pm

rebelp74 wrote:They are sold out of the camo right now. The brown works fine you just put grass or what ever vegetation is around you on it and you're good to go.

Ya, I saw that. My buddy that a part of the guide service im going to be a part of is going to see what kind of deals he can get me on a guide blind.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:34 pm

Hunting day in and day out like that, the Cabela's Ultimate would be the only one that I would want to be in.
Indaswamp wrote:

Dat's what She said....

rebelp74
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:04 am

rebelp74 wrote:Hunting day in and day out like that, the Cabela's Ultimate would be the only one that I would want to be in.

X2.. I'm prone to tear chit up and mine has been put through hell! It still holds up perfectly to anything I throw at it, including someone forgetting to strap em down and one taking a flight out of the truck at 60..... And they have the room you mentioned for gear and gun. My buddies have different brands (gander Mt, redhead, fa) and they are tight squeezes, especially if ur a little chunkier lol. Not to mention the 10" of waterproof bottom comes in handy for flooded fields, sheetwater, or shallow sloughs with minimal cover!
"keep the lord in your heart, and keep your powder dry..." chris knight
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:46 am

rebelp74 wrote:Hunting day in and day out like that, the Cabela's Ultimate would be the only one that I would want to be in.

another cote for cabelas. great blinds, me and a few other hunting buddies have them and have yet to see one fail........
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby cONG » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:53 am

that would be my pick to :ditto: brown is the way to go, that is what I would buy.
cONG
hunter

Postby timmer » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:32 pm

the goosbusters are sweet lots of room and very comfotable
timmer
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum