Waders: Macks vs Cabelas

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Waders: Macks vs Cabelas

Postby goldfish » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:01 pm

Both Macks and Cabelas have waders on sale right now. I'm looking at the Macks Big Jr 5mm and Cabelas 5mm Neostretch.

Anyone have any experience with Macks or Cabelas waders? Both of those two are around $130 right now if I remember right (if you get the hawaiian design at cabelas, or I guess they call it duck blind).
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Re: Waders: Macks vs Cabelas

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:56 pm

Cabela's dry plus breathables are great for warmer weather. They seem flimbsy and weak but are really durable. Macks neoprenes are great. The most durable neoprenes I have ever owned.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby goldfish » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:37 pm

I should mention, I'm in MN, And it gets cold toward the end if the season, so breathables I'm not really interested in

sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby triplecurl » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:49 pm

Either one will be fine IMO. I personally have Cabelas and love them, but know others that have MPW and they like them too.
Last night, I dreamed that I killed all the saggers, all the swaggers, and all of their duckface girlfriends...

It was called: The Yolocaust.
triplecurl
hunter

Postby Gulfcoast » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:01 am

I have owned both. I prefer the Cabelas ultimates. I would still be happy with the Macks, though.
So many ducks, so little time . . .

HRCH Ellie Mae MH
Tipsy Puppy
Gulfcoast
hunter

Postby Okie Ducker » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:05 am

Get the Cabelas Dry-Plus. I've been amazed by them! :eek:
Okie Ducker
hunter

Postby Catchin Zs » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:47 am

Cabelas. I have the ultimates but honestly they are really really warm for southeast NC. Kinda wish I'd gone with the dry plus...
Catchin Zs
hunter

Postby Lazer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:54 am

I live in maine and picked up a pair of the Cabela's 5mm near the end of this season and they worked great. They kept me warm and dry.
Lazer
Newb

Postby BlackFoot777 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:04 am

Cabelas waders have a lifetime warranty as long as you keep the receipt and box from them so that you can prove that you bought them. No other wafer company can match that. Cabelas waders are excellent.
BlackFoot777
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:51 pm

BlackFoot777 wrote:Cabelas waders have a lifetime warranty as long as you keep the receipt and box from them so that you can prove that you bought them. No other wafer company can match that. Cabelas waders are excellent.

No they don't, 1 year says right on the card you get in the box with them

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby rebelp74 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:37 pm

ajmorell wrote:
BlackFoot777 wrote:Cabelas waders have a lifetime warranty as long as you keep the receipt and box from them so that you can prove that you bought them. No other wafer company can match that. Cabelas waders are excellent.

No they don't, 1 year says right on the card you get in the box with them

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

X2 but they will replace them up to 3 years.
Indaswamp wrote:

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby AR Dave » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:38 pm

Well I'm fixing to find out - cause I'm putting mine back in the box, that I took them out of a month ago. I know to keep the tags, box, receipts, from waders because I expect them to leak. I'll be putting the La Cross back in a box and mailing them in as well. A third pair I"m going to cut up and forget it, no warranty. I DO NOT BELIEVE there is such a thing as dependable water proof waders. Oh yeah they are all great until they leak. Talk to me after you've had 3 yrs, about 3 weeks for me, use out of them. I just want 1200 thinsulate and to come home dry. Never going to happen, never!
AR Dave
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:41 pm

The best pair that I've evre had are cabela's dry plus breathables. They seem like they are weak and flimbsy but they are extremely durable. I have some mackspw neoprenes that are the best neoprenes I've used so far. They have made it through 3 seasons which is a record for me with neoprenes.
Indaswamp wrote:

Dat's what She said....

rebelp74
hunter

Postby Abomb » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:43 pm

goldfish wrote:I should mention, I'm in MN, And it gets cold toward the end if the season, so breathables I'm not really interested in

sent from a phancy fone

Hunt in single digits in mine. Plenty warm. After owning breathable's for 6 years I will never go back to neo. Well unless I was standing in waist deep 32deg. water all day. That is the only place I would want neo. over breathable. Where I hunt we do not have that scenario though so breathable's get the nod all day every day.

Oh yeah, mine are Cabelas brand.
Abomb
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum