Opinions needed!

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: quackadikt, randy marci, ghostingrey

Opinions needed!

Postby cyber_scouter » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:51 pm

Since we have been on the topic of A holes.......These guys take the cake. I found a new spot with a blind that looks like the Hilton of blinds. In the parking spot is a pile of about 50 mallards. All birds were shot and left there. Not breasted out or nothing. Just a big 'ol pile of dead ducks. Only evidence of who did it is in the blind. They built a table in front of the bench and wrote "Renkins Dominated Here." So what do you guys think?

1: Call G&F and report it with no proof of who it is. They may investigate, or just not give a crap, or they may say enough is enough with the river between LL and Belen, and just shut the whole thing down completely.

2: Or hope next time I'm hunting, I hear shots come from that area, I drive over there and take a pic of their plate and the pile of birds for proof, but they could just be some guys who happened to find that spot the day before and not be the culprits.

This really pisses me off. What would you guys suggest?

Better yet, do any of you know anyone with name Renkins, or a hunting "crew" named Renkins?
Utilize Technology---Scout from your computer desk.
cyber_scouter
hunter

Re: Opinions needed!

Postby KHerbst » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:22 am

Where was this again? :yes:

I'd camp out on the spot and find out who it is. Sounds like BS- hate to see it.

KLH
KHerbst
hunter

Postby cjc » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:50 am

Put up a trail cam if you have one. If not, I doubt there is much you could do unless you happen to catch them out there. With the river frozen as much as it is, it will be less likely people will be out there. I haven't heard as many shots ring off the river since it started getting real cold. Make sure the camera is in your truck when you go out for sure just in case you can nail them, which I hope you do.
cjc
hunter

Postby duckahlr » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:48 am

I know Kevin was joking but if you are that worried about it. Post exactly where the spot is and bring some heat to those guys. You can't go by who built the blind or who even hunted it this week. It's public, so it could have been anyone. Just bring heat to the area so that they know its being watched.
duckahlr
hunter

Postby CHEWYDUCK » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:21 pm

I would report it to the game and fish. Tell them and show them the spot maybe they will regulary(I hope) check the people hunting there. I know it's inconvienant and takes time away from hunting, but in my opinion it's woth it. Maybe the culprits will be stupid enough to do it again and the Officer will catch them in the act. We found a golden eagle shot and tied to a fence post 2 years ago between LL and Belen. The game and fish came and got it but don't no what happened from there. Last year someone went on a killing spree at the Handicap pond. Killed over 30 coots and left them. Game and fish never came.
CHEWYDUCK
hunter

Postby Dirt » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:04 pm

There is a federal officer who checked me last year and early this year. I would get a hold of him.
A little suspect that they were shot there. Maybe dumped? If the spot were that good why would you do that. These birds are way too good eating to not be cleaned and at least given to someone who will eat them.
Peices of crap. Karma will get em.
Dirt
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting