reel wings 360

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

reel wings 360

Postby fowlhunter » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:50 am

Has anyone used these? If so how effective do you think they are? A guy could make these easy enough. I don't have a lot of decoys, but i thought you could add a bunch of these in to help.
"It's better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you're not"
Van Zandt
fowlhunter
Forum Moderator

Re: reel wings 360

Postby fowlhunter » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Nobody has any experience on these?!
"It's better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you're not"
Van Zandt
fowlhunter
Forum Moderator

Postby mrduks2 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:45 pm

I JUST FINISHED MAKING SOME AND CANT WAIT TO TRY THEM OUT. MADE 16 OUT OF CORREGATTED PLASTIC,STUCK A LIGHT ROD DOWN THE MIDDLE,BENT ONE END UP AND BENT OTHER END INTO AN EYELET.I THINK IT WILL WORK PRETTY GOOD.ALSO MADE AROUND 15 FLAPPER DECOYS,TOO.WE USED SOME HOMEMADE FLAPPERS LAST YEARAND REALLY WORKED GOOD.GOOD LUCK.
mrduks2
Newb

Postby DrakeH2oFowl » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:46 am

fowlhunter wrote:Has anyone used these? If so how effective do you think they are? A guy could make these easy enough. I don't have a lot of decoys, but i thought you could add a bunch of these in to help.

I bought a couple after Christmas and had them out on a couple snow hunts. We haven't had any luck getting them within range yet, but it's pretty early still for the fields around here. The one thing I think I definitely saw a difference in was we really got their attention much sooner and held it. It seemed to me the flocks would gaggle and stop in the air, some would peel off but then rejoin, etc. Whether it was due to the motion or not, I can't say with certainty..I do like them though. May look into making something similar home made.
DrakeH2oFowl
hunter

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum